Long Term

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

This would honestly change my life if someone could help with this, any and all suggestions welcome.

Since I was about 15, ive suffered from excessive tiredness, to the point where I will drop a sleep, causing me to almost lose my job and set fire to my house a number of times.

With this ADD i have terrible symptoms, very much like i start the day like a small car with a tiny cup of petrol and every task that takes even a small amount of concretion eats into this, I work in an office on Mondays and i can feel each task making me less and less awake and more and more ready to drop. By 1pm im in a useless. I find even stringing a sentence difficult.

Carbs speed up the onset of the wave of sleep and the lack of focus , if i had a load of sugar or even a few sandwiches i will drop a sleep, within an hour i will sleep for the next 8-12.

I am now 29, and ive seen a private doctor about ADD, he prescribed me ritalin, no effect. Nothing, even at very high doses, if anything it, at high doses puts me to sleep. Modafinil was effective at keeping me awake for a while but now does nothing.

I have given up high carbs, gluten, etc.

Keto has helped me stay awake during the day, but my focus, concentration and sleepiness are terrible.

Recent test results have shown high prolactin, something ive never been tested for, however all my other hormones are normal. This has been retested over a month, same result each time. I show no symptoms of high prolactin.

My ADD doctor has said he has no idea why the medication isnt working nor why i would have high prolactin without taking something to block dopamine like an anti psychotic.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI JIM

ALTHOUGH I AM WELL PAST THE EARLY YEARS, I CAN STILL RECALL A SIMILAR THING HAPPENING TO ME AS A TEENAGER. I WOULD GET HOME FROM SCHOOL FRIDAY & AFTER DINNER WOULD GO TO MY ROOM AND NOT WAKE UP AT ALL, NOT EVEN FOR A DRINK OR THE LOO, UNTIL SUNDAY! AT FIRST MY PARENTS WERE VERY WORRIED BUT GOT USED TO MY ODD SLEEPING HABITS OVER TIME. UNLIKE YOU I DID IMPROVE AND HELD DOWN FULL TIME WORK FOR MANY YEARS. THEN IT RETURNED & EVEN WHILE PEOPLE ARE TALKING TO ME AND I AM INTERESTED IN THEIR CONVERSATION I WILL JUST DROP OFF WITHOUT WARNING. NOT THE MOST SOCIABLE THING TO DO! INITIALLY IT WAS DIAGNOSED AS ME, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, THEN WHEN OTHER SYMPTOMS JOINED THE SLEEP PROBLEM THE DOCTORS DID A BATCH OF TESTS AND SCANS. MY AUTOIMMUNE SYSTEM IS TO BLAME FOR MY CONDITION AND IT FLARES BETWEEN SLEEP AND NO SLEEP SIMILAR TO SOMEONE WHO IS HYPERACTIVE, BUT WHEN THE SLEEP COMES I CANNOT CONTROL IT. THE PERSON WHO FOUND MY CAUSE WAS A CONSULTANT IN REUMATOLOGICAL ILLNESS. IT

MIGHT BE WORTHWHILE FOR YOU TO LOOK IN THAT AREA TO FIND YOUR DIAGNOSIS. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU A LITTLE BIT.

• Posted

Hi! I've read your concerns . I appreciate the effort your doing to help yourself. You may open some information probiotics. This may help you out to improve your health! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.