Long term bizarre health issues but no answers?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! Long post ahead, I have been experiencing bizarre health issues most of my life, but neglected by my parents and poor quality doctors. Basically, I only know half of my family and they have limited knowledge of family history. To my knowledge, I have a half sister with crohn's, an aunt who has an unidentified autoimmune disorder, a great grandmother who had osteoporosis, a father who is undiagnosed bipolar and has had heart attacks and strokes. I also had a brother who passed away when I was a kid, from a variety of health reasons that no one will tell me. I have had awful luck with doctors in my small, country town. I was a terribly sick child that was misdiagnosed by a family doctor when I was like 5, and then I developed a terrible cough that lasted for 3 years until I was taken to All Children's, where they tried to put a tube up my nose and down my throat but were unsuccessful because it was so painful that I wouldn't stop screaming. After that the coughing miraculously went away.

At 10 I started getting ocular migraines that lasted for several years, which got better when I got glasses 7 years later. But the first time i had one i fainted on the beach and my parents just told me i watched too much tv. My vision was completely taken over by sparkles and zigzags.

I was prone to getting bronchitis and I've had pneumonia before. I'm currently only 23 years old and I'm a female of average weight. I rarely saw doctors growing up and was told by my dad to suck it up and not "be a pussy" anytime I had fevers, even getting up to 103 degrees. I often spent a couple of weeks at a time laying in bed wanting to die from being so sick.

Fast forward to 14 years old and I started having fainting spells. First my hearing would become muffled, my vision would slowly go away and all I see are sparkles and zig zags just like the ocular migraines (but that is the only similarity with that), then it becomes a little harder to breathe (not short of breath, just more labored breathing), then I just lose consciousness and drop. The first time, I felt funny while using the bathroom and decided to get a drink from the fridge and I didnt even make it to the kitchen before I collapsed. No idea how long I was out, and I was home alone so I had no witness.

It happened again and again when I would go for walks, I thought it was heat exhaustion. I would faint sometimes upon getting back home after the walk itself. Then it started happening in the shower, even with the water on lukewarm and cool, one time I fainted and fell out of the shower entirely and hit my head. Doctor wasnt concerned and didnt want to do any exams, told me I was having panic attacks and to breathe into paper bags. That didnt work or help at all.

It happened again at an outdoor concert. It happened 2 times in a walmart. Once at work. I never feel anxious leading up to them and they come on so quickly I've got seconds to notice the signs or else I will faint. On the off chance I can catch it in time, if i sit down and have a drink it will slowly go away but if i dont wait like 10-15 minutes it will keep happening every time I stand back up.

Then three years ago I started fainting on every roller coaster I go on. I love roller coasters and the same ones I've ridden for years have never made this happen. Now it happens every single time I'm on them, and it happens multiple times on the ride, back to back like a constant loop of fading in and out of consciousness.

Also in the last 2 years now I have started having random intense chest pain that is sharp and tight, and causes shortness of breath. For about a year it was pretty consistent and now it happens less often. It is painful to where I will curl into fetal position and worry I'm about to have a heart attack. Its woken me up from sleep, it's happened at work and school. And when I drink alcohol about 50% of the time before i even finish one drink i get chest pain. It lasts for sometimes a few minutes and other times up to 20-30 minutes.

In the last year I've developed varying sized splotches on my chest that are slightly darker than my skin tone and they have been slowly multiplying and spreading, they itch rarely (if I'm sweating) but other than that they cause no problems, just look really weird and they won't go away they just keep spreading. I tried to show a doctor and she told me she didn't see anything. I also told her about the chest pain, she said she wasnt concerned. 3 doctors told me my fainting "panic attacks" are agoraphobia, which I am very much doubting because I dont really have problems with anxiety and I love going out.

Despite not having anxiety problems I have started shaking uncontrollably at random times, almost like how low blood sugar feels, but I do eat regularly. Its noticeable by other people and it feels almost as if my muscles are in a constant tense, vibrating state and I cant relax them, like I'm stuck.

Finally the last bizarre thing I've been experiencing for the last year and a half, is 5 or 6 days a week I will have orange diarrhea, sometimes up to 4 or 5 times a day often having undigested foods like onions, carrots, and broccoli in it, and it is worst in the mornings.

All of this being said, I have seen a total of 4 doctors. These issues have never ALL happened at the same time, but have overlapped through the years and I've got no idea if any of it is connected or not. My parents dont really believe much in doctors and they have used the same family doctor my whole life. On the rare occasion they took me to see him, anytime I would try to explain my issues, my father would talk over me and tell the doctor that everything i was saying wasnt true, the doctor believed him over me, and said i was imagining it because a person, let alone a child or teenager, wouldn't have this many issues. I experienced the same with another doctor at the same office. I stopped going to doctors and my family got rid of health insurance for the remainder of my time with them. I had insurance for a brief period of time in 2018 and I went to see a rheumatologist, who did actually take me seriously, tested me for bunches of autoimmune things, and told me he speculated fibromyalgia but everyone I talk to says that doesnt sound right. I was put on an experimental medication that made me feel awful, plus the doctor is an hour away and usually completely booked, so I gave up. Now I am getting health insurance again and I would like to think I still have a chance at seeing a decent doctor but I have not received my insurance yet and I need to find a doctor I can trust. My whole life I've been silenced and told nothing is wrong and it's all in my head but it all feels so real idk how I could be making it up, it has been awful living like this for several years. Idk if I have heart problems, neurological problems, gastrointestinal problems.. I'm totally lost. Idk what to do and I cant find anyone that will listen. Any advice or words of wisdom would help. Even if its just to tell me what I'm feeling is valid. I'm tired of feeling like I'm crazy.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.