Long-term Bloating

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here and I hope it is under the right category. I am in despair to find a solution to my problem, which has been bothering for more than a year. My issue is related to long-term bloating. Also, I don't know how to describe my stool, but it is far from normal, like small pieces. Also, I experience chronic fatigue and nervousness. I visited a lot of doctors and they just say relax, change your lifestyle and diet, do more physical activity. I did ultrasound and everything was fine. Also, I did did urine and blood test, and also everything was fine, except a bit increased cholesterol and glucose (nothing much). Additionally, I did gastroscopy and and I have some little erosions on my gizzard, but nothing to worry about. The doctor gave me documentation to educate myself since he said I have the first stage of gastroesophageal reflux disease, but I doubt it. Also, I did a test for helicoid bacteria and it was negative. Beside all of this, I've been undergoing bioresonance therapy, which detects that my lymph is not in balance, I have gut nervousness and some bacteria that they treat with natural medicines. I started undergoing acupuncture to try to relax a bit. I did a food sensitivity test and it eliminates almost all food that I used to eat and my blood type is A. Gluten test is negative as well. It is true that I used to do a lot of sports in the past and now I spend most of time sitting and not having proper diet. Also, I am a sensitive person who stresses a lot about minor things and I think that I experience anxiety and depression to some extent. I stress about my future and don't have optimistic thoughts. It would be really useful if someone could help me to break this dilemma if this long-term bloating is being caused by my mental state or it could be some physical issue like hidden bacteria/parasites/ bad lifestyle? I simply cannot realize if anxiety causes bloating or bloating causes anxiety.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patient_1337

Are you regularly taking vitamins and minerals in particular Vit D, Vit B12 and other B vits, Vit C, Magnesium and other minerals. If yr lacking in Vit D you will get stomach issues also low Vit B12. Magnesium helps with anxiety. If you are not taking vits and minerals and eating a healthy diet then start doing so....

• Posted

Suggest you get one or two more opinions from gastroenterologists. Don't give up.

• Posted

Was ibs ever mentioned as a possibility? Bloating, stool changes are definitive symptoms which can be exacerbated by stress. Do certain foods seem to trigger your symptoms?

You should try a food diary to

rule out any trigger foods.

• Posted

Was IBS ever mentioned since all your tests are negative? If you are experiencing chronic heartburn, this could be a sign of GERD. Don't discount this possibility your doctor has suggested.

• Edited

I would still stay away from gluten and dairy. The gluten test are not always accurate so I've been told. Best way to find out is stop eating gluten and dairy for a week and reintroduce and you will know if that's the culprit( which u probably knew). My daughter has IBS and it makes her super sensitive. Cries at the drop of a hat. Has OCD. Skin problems. Can get diarrhea if she doesnt eat rice or something starching like gluten free bread before she eats high fiber foods like veggies and fruit with peeling. If I had to guess, its something your eating or how your eating it. Try rice before each meal and see if that helps your bowel movements. Never eat raw veggies/salad on an empty stomach. What does your diet consist of? Processed food? Artificial sweetners? Do you have mouth sores? Just FYI, IBS does not show up on any test including endoscopy because it doesnt damage anything in your body. Fish oils with peppermint helps my daughter and metamucil to help slow down the colon. This is only if u have IBS..but its not gonna hurt to try a few things to see if it helps. If its gerd then baking soda will take that away. That's been my experience anyway....sprinkle very little ( a dash) in a glass of water before bed and dont eat anything else for the night. I think it took mine about 3 weeks to go away. I'm not a doctor by the way haha ..hope this helps cause I know this is stressful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.