Long term effects of Subarachnoid Haemorrhage

Posted , 13 users are following.

My husband had a SAH in June 1985 at age 37. He had the aneurysm clipped and made a slow recovery. We had no counselling post SAH; we noted many changes to his personality - including anger, irritibality etc. 24 years on and he is now suffering increased and debilitating fatigue which has impacted on his ability to work to the point where he has been forced to retire. Has anyone advice to give (or experienced similar?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a SAH in 2009 and since have had periods of anxiety. I was on Xanax for about four years but have been off it the last three years. I was on lexapro for the last year but off of that the last six months. Recently I find myself very angry over little things and often feel dizzy or spacey. Sort of a brain fog. The year on lexapro was comfortable but I felt too calm... I'd spend half the day in bed reading.. Thanks for the posts it makes me think some of how I currently experience life may be related to the SAH.  Mine had no cause was at the brain stem area and had nothing clipped. 

• Posted

Hi,

My spouse just suffered an SAH 11/29/22- ultimately, he had a shunt placed after 14 days in the Neuro ICU. He is home now but wondered if anyone else suffered vision issues. He says when he is sitting up right or walking around, his vision is similar to tunnel vision (not exact). He describes it as kind of his vision being in a box. When he lays down, his vision is normal. Has anyone else experienced something similar? His stiches and staples removal appointment is coming up but figured I might ask

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.