Long term headaches please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've had headaches for 18 months now , they are dull headaches and more annoying than painful , the pain can be at different parts of my head , it can be painful in one part of head , another day can be different part of my head , I've been to doctor and he sent me for bloods , but they said slightly high chollristral , blood pressure is fine , I have days wen I'm pain free   , but they come back , this times its 2 weeks , now I work 4 nights a week not sure if this is issue , I've tried neck exercise but I can feel my noeck bones rubbing while I exercise my neck , any help thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Get a good physio or chiropracter to check your neck and spine. I suffered for years trying all sorts of things and the doctor said it was 'tension type headaches'. Have finally found the answer is in the bones of my neck and feel great after treatment. Cranial osteopathy helped me too.
  • Posted

Try cutting out alcohol and caffeine. Beware caffeine is in tea coffee, coke and a lot of so called energy drinks. Get your eyes tested. Irregular sleep pattern can be a problem too. Suppose there is not much you can do about that.
  • Posted

I'd also recommend getting a good chiropractor to check you over.

i was hospitalised twice, seen by at least 7 different doctors plus my GP. None of them thought to check my neck .

half an hour in a chiropractors office and she'd found the problem and started treatment.

headaches have gone. If my neck gets tight I can feel one starting. I put an ice pack on my neck for 15 minutes then gently move my head, up down, side to side and tilt to each side. Stops headache developing.

also cut out caffeine is good advice, then you've done the most obvious things.

good luck.

• Posted

I have had some success with changing my diet to organic paleo. I hope it helps.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone I will try what each of you said . Can't help think is it brain tumor or something serious . Just paranoia I guess
  • Posted

It's normal to think the worst. The vast majority of headaches aren't sinister. 

I couldn't believe the pain I had, never known anything like it and I've had migraines all my life. 

I kept saying these new headaches are different ---no one seemed to listen. 

Second time I was hospitalised I was told I was going to have a scan. By the morning they'd changed their minds and just sent me home.

i was desperate when I contacted the chiropractor, couldn't think how she could help but couldn't take any more pain.

6 weeks of treatment and I've not taken painkillers for months. 

The migraines are controlled by my limited diet as I know what sets them off.

you will find a solution, keep going.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply I'm going to look into chiropractor god bless
  • Posted

The other replies about seeing a chiropractor are good ideas. I found that 10 minutes of ice on the back of my neck can help a lot. I put a heating pad on for YEARS and the ice was the answer. Also, find out about myofascial pain and trigger points. I had headaches from clenching my teeth at night and I learned about 3 trigger points next to the ear, and when I pressed on them for 2 minutes, the horrible p

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.