Long term knee pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im coming up on 1 yr since my knee surgery, I still have pain every day, mostly night time, almost like RLS , IT HURTS around my knee, I CANT SLEEP WITH MY LEG STraight and uncomfortable any position I SLEEP.

MY ROm is over 100% but not sure of my extwnsion, it may be -3-5

I WALK without assistance. I CAN WALK NORMAL except when I GET TIRED. I USE cBd cream, theraworx, ginger oil. anything to help with pain.

any suggestions what may be wrong?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i know how u feel! u may have scar tissue where ur pain is,i had my TKO MARCH 6TH& YESTERDAY I HAD A MANIPULATION & ARTHROSCOPIC surgery!! ALL this in less than a yr! i thought that since i did 3 months of therapy & swimming,going back to work....you kno,getting back to normal wld keep the scar tissue away but it didn't. i really wish u good luck & a speedy resolution to ur issue....peace&blessings 😊

• Posted

I had same as you tynetta at about the same time, it helped a lot, but I still have to work out at gym, probably forever. My ROM is 120 now. Ya.. I want to keep it that way too. good luck.

• Posted

my surgery was yesterday & at therapy today i got to 91! this CPM IS A LIFESAVER!

• Posted

I faithfully did my PT in tht.beginning my knee almost seized up. i worked hard to get my ROM TO Over 100. even did my bicycle

ive come a long way, but the nights are hard. thank you all for your encouraging words

• Posted

maybe you can advance your 1 year follow up w your surgeon.

this is one for the doctor.

• Posted

maybe you can advance your 1 year follow up w your surgeon.

this is one for the doctor.

• Posted

I am also nearly a year post op and have had no real pain since about 10 wks , if you have your check up due I would be questioning the pain level , I dont think its normal, but maybe it can take longer with some people . Hope all goes well

• Posted

Scar tissue or other complications can sometimes affect motion in the knee and produce pain. This problem can often be resolved with special exercises or physical therapy. Severe cases of stiffness, called arthrofibrosis, may require a follow-up procedure so the scar tissue can be broken up or the prosthesis inside the knee can be adjusted. Kneecap problems are a common cause of knee replacement pain.

Significant forces are applied to the kneecap, even with normal activities, such as getting up from a chair or walking down the stairs. Getting a kneecap to perform well with a replacement can be technically challenging even for a skilled surgeon. Knee surgery have to do a lot about weight control . The increase of weight can make changes in the quality of life of patients. Others possibles causes are Alignment problems, Bursitis ,Complex regional pain syndrome, and pinched nerves.

I have given a numbers of possibles causes based in your information that is limited to certain point .....you should go back to your doctor for a complete exam ...because more information will be useful for the diagnostic ...such as

Persistent startup pain can be a sign of a loosening implant.

Pain when navigating stairs suggests a kneecap problem.

A deformed kneecap is a sign of a patellofemoral problem. and image studies ...good luck

• Posted

thank you! I sure hate to go back and have surgery again.

but I realize I.will have to go back if I am going to get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.