long term lyrica side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

taking lyrica for around 3 years now, usually 75mg, but now 150mg.  I am concerned about long term side effects such as brain damage, long term, memory problems, the way this drug inhibits formation of synapses, with the main concern being dementia. I take it for nerve pain cause by spinal injury and it also helps with anxiety and depression. For pain I have also used ibuprofen with codeine long term (max dose 4 per day- 800mg), Panadol, Panadol with codeine. I have had fusion surgery on c6-c7 and have a few other disc bulges. Does anyone have any feedback about its harmful long tern side effects?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dan, hubby who is 50 this year, has been on it almost five yrs, he is a truck driver and all his bloods etc have all come back ok whilst on it, he feels ok on it, but gets leg cramps on and off, wild ones but got cramp on and off before he went on pregabalin. He takes 450 a day. Without it he would not be able to work, started working within two hours when he took  it. Its a case of with or without it for him, Obviously with or cant work
  • Posted

i think its a day by day week by week thing, everyone is different where drugs are concerned
  • Posted

i think its a day by day week by week thing, everyone is different where drugs are concerned

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.