Long Term Off and On Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Starting a little over a year ago, I had this sharp pain just to the inside of my right hip. It wasn't consistent and would come at random times, sometimes with days in between. Around the same time, my period went erratic, even though I am on the pill. I went to my doctor about it and told her about the pain. She dismissed the pain as 'probably just a cyst on your ovary' and to 'not worry about it'. She also change the medicine I was taking. I didn't think about it, much after researching most healed over time. I've had back pain since I was 12 (28 now), so I tend dismiss a lot of different pains.

However, the pain has been occurring more frequently and around November, started waking me up in my sleep. I went to another doctor, located closer to me in December. She was very caring and understanding. She listened to my concerns. I had a urine analysis, PAP and ultrasound all done on that day and everything came back normal. Is it possible for a cyst to be missed on and ultrasound?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i wouldnt think a cyst would be missed unless its really small. possibly grumbling appendix?

• Posted

Maybe. Whatever it is, I just want it gone.

• Posted

the kinda pain u have described I also experienced the same thing from bk in Oct 2018, then my periods went totally erratic. I had a pelvic ultrasound in dec and there it was, simple cyst on left ovary. doc gave me northisterone hormone pill, had it for 2 weeks and then went for a detailed abdomen and pelvis ultrasound. there was no cyst. I still get throbbing dullish pain in my right hip bone. so I believe that if radiologist was in a hurry or ur cyst is v small or radiologist not v experienced then there is a possibility that cyst was missed in usg. keep insisting for another pelvic usg becoz the kinda pain u have described I experienced same and had a cyst

• Posted

did they do a vaginal ultrasound that is more acquired on the ovaries if it is a cyst and are u bloated constipated and can't eat cause u are always full that is what happened to me and it was a cysts

• Posted

They did. It came back as normal.

I'm not bloated or constipated, quite the opposite, I have 2-3 bowel movements per day.

• Posted

yeas totally bloated cannot eat. i look pregnant

• Posted

i know i had to deal with it for a whole year then finally i had my ovary and tube taken out cause i had a cyst that was growing in size

• Posted

Just an update:

Still don't know what the pain is. All tests have come back normal, including a blood test for any viruses I might have. The general care doctor has referred me to an OBGYN, who I see next month. I am hoping they have more answers, because I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.