Long term Oxycodone and Tramadol use ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone know about long term daily use of Oxycodone and Tramadol, also with Pregabalin.

Does the effects of these dwindle with use over time?

What are the chances of addiction and can I reduce or stop taking some of these safely to see if I can do without them. Particularly Pregabalin.

I would love to know please.

Thanks to anyone responding.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey pain, what doses are you on?
    • Posted

Hi Joe,

Oxycodone 5mg, once, sometimes twice daily, Tramadol 50mg the same and Pregabalin 150mg once a day.

• Posted

Hey pain, not sure about the Pregabelin but the others are low doses so i wouldn't worry. If you want to do without, try missing a day and see how you feel. Keep us posted mate, good luck.
  • Posted

Hi how long have you been on these, I take pregabalin 150mg 3 times a day, oxycodone 1 tablet 4 times a day and tramadol 2 tablets every four hours doctor also gave me amitritaline excuse the spelling but they knocked me out completely so have stopped taking these, I think you get used to the effects, but if you stop them I think you would notice, I don't want to be a zombie so fed up of not being in control of my head, that I stopped all of the tablets soon realised I needed them to control my pain, help this helps

good luckĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.