long term pain with gallbladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i have been suffering with pain in the gallbldder area and the pain lasts for t least 12+ hours this has been going on since March this year i have had several lots of blood samples taken and all come back with the same thing relating to the gallbladder. I have had my ultra scan and the results came back the same day that my gallbladder is full of stones so the next step was to put me on 2 lots of strong antibiotics as the hot flushers was there all the time. I had my choose to book and went with the one that had a free appointment in 2 weeks time on my first visit to the hospital i was asked to have a MRI on my liver to check for any blockage it came back all clear but the surgen was not able to do the operation at that hospital because the op would not be a straight op. In his letter that back to my doctorit said that as i have had this for some time the gallbladder has contracted very small and the bile ducts has widen and i would have to have a urgent key hole surgury. I have still been taking 2 lots of strong antibiotics and my doctor thinks that i may end up going in as a emergency.

I know its long winded but has anyone else had the same results please

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

once you have it removed you will meet lots of people who had there's removed some as emergencies some planned. 

My mums carer collapsed was rushed to hospital and operated on . She was fine after she recovered. I was planned . So I can't offer info on your particular scenario. Hopefully others will. But try not to panic it often is carried out under emergency due to the sudden violent pain. And it's one of the safest ops . It will propberly mean you will stay in over night rather than get chucked out the same day . Which isn't a bad thing you get monitored and watched to make sure your infection has gone ... 

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply I can't wait to have it removed
  • Posted

I had one gallbladder attack, 2 days later a ct scan and had gallstones. The very next week had surgery. Hope you get yours out soon! I will pray for you.
  • Posted

Wish I had it out the first time.  My second attack was so bad,they couldn't do the surgery because my respiratory system was so depressed.  So I had to spend 2 days in ICU and then another 4+ in the ward before I traveled 12 hours hoome with oxygen gooing all the way.  Saw my doctor on Mon and was so blessed that literally just before  he walked thru the doo,, he had a cancellation for 3 days later.  Needless to say, we jumped at it.  Surgery itself was so much easier than my most recent attack.  Still have occasional upper right belly pain, but it goes away a  lot sooner than the GB pain did and the freqiency is decreasing all the time.  I've heard both sides of the story, and IMHO I would have it out as soon as it's diagnosed!
    • Posted

I agree with you Nancy! I did. Yes, I still have some pain in my upper right side, but nothing compared to a gallbladder aatack. Glad you are doing well!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.