Long term skin issue and no answer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

I have been battling with this terrible skin problem on my face (cheeks) for 5 years now, this rash/spots appeared in my mid 20s, and I have seen various doctors and dermatologists and I've had conflicting diagnosis, and treatments varying from topical applications to antibiotics, including Isotretinoin, all have been unsuccessful and I continue to battle this issue without any luck.

Any advise, guidance or general ideas on what else I could try would be welcome.

Thanks!

imageimage

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Just a suggestion and it may not be for you but sometimes the Contraceptive pill helps this sort of condition.

• Posted

Thanks Marina, i was on the pill for about 6 months and I didnt see a difference to my skin, but thank you for the suggestion. when you say condition might you have an idea of what it could be? Do you think it could be linked to hormones?

• Edited

have you tried a diet to eliminate sugars and carbs?

• Posted

hi there

I don’t have a diet that's high in sugars or carbs but I could try eliminating them entirely. is that something that worked for you?

• Edited

Dianas suggestion of cutting out sugars etc is a good one but more importantly no alcohol or spicy foods.

If the contraceptive medication didnt help its probably not hormonal. Has Rosacea been mentioned as a diagnosis?

• Posted

Thank you 😃

Yep Rosacea has also been mentioned and I have been prescribed various creams (such as Rozex - which actually irritated my skin even more), and then another dermatologist said it wasn't rosacea so I don't know hmm but it does match many of the rosacea symptoms...

• Edited

hey there,

It is very possible that the issue could really come down to your hormones. My best friend had such a similar condition/issue, tried everything, the whole time it was just hormonal acne. Once the hormonal imbalance was sorted, it started to get better along with a good skincare routine which initially on its own did not help much as the root issue was not taken care of(that is the hormonal issue)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.