Long term sufferer .

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I am 71 years old suffered severe Meniere's for over ten years. Had an operation in 1975 to remove my inner ear not a problem since.  Though the operation leaves you deaf in that ear. If l can be of any help to any fellow suffer let me know.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

finally....so get the inner ear taken out and no more dizzies?....no more fullness...how about the tinnitus?......being deaf in one ear is better than dealing with dizzies IMO
  • Posted

Hello McGinty! Please explain more about what this does and does it make it all go away completely no more dizziness or fullness or anything?
    • Posted

Hi Daniel when I had the operation I was told that I would be dizzy and unbalanced for about a month or so. This lasted around a week really unpleasant. After that things settled down and I can honestly say that I haven't had a meniere's attack since that day. The operation completely changed my life after ten years of hell.

• Posted

I have definitely been thinking about this a lot just scared of taking that step but it can't be any worse than what it is now 

• Posted

If you have the chance to have the op I would advise you to have it. Good luck
    • Posted

I'm gonna definitely talk to my doctor further about it. Thanks for your info 

• Posted

Daniel. Please have a long talk with your consultant about thus operation. I had a labrynthectomy and my doctor warned me the Menieres might travel to my good ear. Sadly this happened. So now I have no hearing in one ear and distorted hearing I the other. Attacks have started again and gave been advised that surgeons do not carry out this operation these days. 

Just discuss thus long and hard before deciding.

• Posted

I sure will Rita thanks for the advice I'm just ready for some relief some way. I'm only 39 and can't do nothing 

• Posted

Morning Daniel. Try not to get too depressed. I know it doesn't help but you're not alone. Lot of us around. So much more can be done since I had my op so be hopeful and I hope you are not alone in coping with this.Kindest regards

• Posted

Hi Rita thanks for your input. I haven't heard of the effect on your good ear. That certainly was good advice given to Daniel. I am sorry to hear of your condition it must be horrendous. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks Rita! And I'm trying not to let it get me down I just miss the way life used to be before MD but I look at it also that it could be worse I guess. And I am thankful I have a really great support team behind me that helps me with a lot of stuff. I haven't been able to work in about 3 years and just got disability started so I'm thankful for that but had much rather be working it's odd to me cause I have worked all my life. But we will all beat this I hope hopefully one day we will wake up and it will be a cure for it. 

• Posted

Daniel, Please look  into the possibility that upper cervical chiropractor can offer you some relief from symptoms.Watch Dr Burcon's u-tube videos about his research and treatments.You can also find him on Facebook, he lives n Michigan USA.The thought of having to go on disability is very discouraging. Hope you are on SERC, beta-histine at least. Did you ever have a whip-lash accident, even twenty, thirty years ago?

• Posted

Thanks Questor. I have been reading up on upper cervical and currently looking for one in my area to give it a try. And I've never had any type of neck injury that I know of my neck dose take spells where it will hurt for several days to the point where it will make me sick on the stomach. 

• Posted

Even an auto accident years ago could be the culprit, diving into a pool, sledding accident? Hard to remember all these life events because you were never treated for them. Just saying maybe you just forgot!
    • Posted

You're right. I have been in a couple car accidents years ago nothing bad I wasn't hurt and didn't have to go to doctor but I guess it could of knocked something out of line with out me knowing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.