long time on hrt

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on hrt for 9 yrs various ones and a patch in which the 'glue' made my leg come up and really sore!. now on premique low dose (0.3mg).i don't really want to be on it. i have tried to come off but the hot flushes night sweats come back with a vengeance!.i have been told by docs the risks involved in taking it. but life isn't very nice when I've tried to come off.am i resigned to the fact that its going to be forever in having to take them??.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had the same question, what will happen when I will stop my hrt and for how long I can take it. It is a very personal decision I think. What your doc say?

• Posted

he just said carry on taking and have a blood test every year and if any problems come back in.?!. its of course my decision to take as he has told me the risks involved but he does understand that i have been on them a long time. but to come off would be awful i think to my quality of life so am resigned to the fact on staying on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.