Long time problem now escalating

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm male in my late 40's. Never really suffered from any allergy issue's previously.

For a few month's I have been feeling unwell with hayfever like symptoms. Itchy head, ears, sniffly nose, head ache's and tiredness and a rash around my neck (which did go a while back). Visited the doctors several times and got allergy tablets and steroid creams of which the tablets were no help.

Recently it has got a lot worse with a rash which is very itchy that's appearing in several places over my body. On top of my hands, wrists, forearms, elbows top of buttocks, knee's and ankle's. I also urinate more frequently than I have before.

I went back to the doctor's yesterday and felt as though I am getting no where. They could not give a reason for the rash and gave me some steroid cream.

It seems to have escalated after eating a big pasta meal as that night I felt very sick but was not physically sick and the next couple of nights also, this is when the rash also started to appear.

I've been told that a gluten rash would be more blistery but i am just so concerned as what's causing it i'm at my witts end and worried sick.

I've enclosed a picture of my wrist, the rash in other places is more raised and some that look blistery and more compact.

Can anybody please help with any advice.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

if you are worried about celiac disease there is a test for it . But it could be something in the pasta sauce, cheese, something you drank or maybe something that you haven't consumed. It could be a pollen type, an animal, a cleaning product, a washing detergent or something new you have been exposed to in the last couple of months. Think hard about everything new you may have come in contact with, even paints, varnishes or maybe a new shower gel.

• Posted

Has you face broke out? I broke out around my neck, then behind ears and face. After dealing with this and going through a nightmare with this; I found out I have a dust mite allergy. I tried to rotate the raised area with baby wipe and it would only come out in white pieces. I started feeling these things move on my face and don't know if you are suffering from this but body wash with tea tree oil helps

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.