Long time sufferer of social anxiety recently developed health anxiety PLEASE HELP ME :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Long story short I was bullied realy bad in school spat on called names best up I even had a few teachers call me names on the odd time, I would hide In The house I gained weight which made it worse I hated my life I quit school and just stayed inside. I recently had enough of it I started working or 45 mins a day cardio wright weight lifting I decided I wanted a life.

Fast forward to a week ago or so now I've had vision problems for awhile but just recently started to do something about it by making an optometrist appoitment one night I decided to google the vision issue see if I could do something to make it better, first thing that popped up was diabetic after reading the symptoms and over I fell into a panic attack then another one then I started feeling phsycial symptoms, tingling numbness in left leg that went up to left arm head achds dry mouth I was convinced I was diabetic I would cry every night.

Went to the doctors I cried to him he ran blood work and it turns out I wasn't diabetic I was relieved the symtp

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Went to optometrist checked my eye nerves and everything I had an astigmatism when I was a child I need glasses he said my eye nerves are normal I was so happy my symptoms went Away instantly. But I stRted to doubt it all I googled again and MS came up the symptoms came right back but almost changed themself to fit an MS description tingling and numbness mostly on left with more pain stomach issues, I cry all the time I don't want to wake up whr. I go to bed I don't work out anymore I barely eat my doc said he thinks it's anxiety and everything surfacing I am fighting to get an Mri and a lumbar puncture done, I feel like I'm going insane I have no one to speak to

I'm not from the u,k actually from Canada but idk where else to turn I just need some freinds I guess any advice? Maybe some can pm me and add me on fb and we can give each other advice? I'm crying as I type this I'm sorry for the horrible grammar folks I Just never have been so afraid in my life.

• Posted

Rule of thumb, don't google your symptoms. Anxiety has it's way of playing tricks on you.

?Dry your tears because you are not alone. Everything will be alright. Talk to your talk about your anxiety. Get a referral to see a psychiatrist. Meds do help. I think too think it's anxiety.

?Let this forum be your sounding board. We are all in the same boat. Hold you head adn be strong. You are strong.

?Keep posting. You will al the advice and encouragement you need here to. But, talk to your doctor.

• Posted

Never google your symptoms. It makes things a lot worse.

?My heart goes out to you about your past experience with be bullied. That was completely unacceptable and I'm sorry that happened to you. No one should go through that.

?I'm glad you had enough of staying inside and started working out. Good for you!! It's take a lot of courage to do that and you should feel proud that you are taking steps forward to better your life because you are worth it.

?I'm glad your test results were negative and I'm glad you went to the doctor.

?Keep up the good work Tyler. You are doing great! You are an inspiration. Keep posting. We are here for you.

Sending you positive vibes.

• Posted

Thank you so much hearing that helps a lot I just never saw myself expeerncing such bad anxiety over my health it seems unreal at times and it came so suddenly.
  • Posted

Thanks all of you Eduardo I have looked you up on Facebook see this made me feel positive enough that the symptoms started dying down I know tho I will freak out later and they will return it's hard to keep your mind off of it when you feel it. I feel if I ever had something serious I could adapt but it's the not knowing for sure, my doctor sat me down and said if I thought for a single second you had MS or anything else I would order every test in the book.

I'm def staying off google for sure smile I'll check some other posts to see if I can help people in a small way even.

Thanks again for helping it's just with this recent health anxiety I felt and still feel at times I am at a breaking point I see a therapist next month so hopefully that goes well plus my family doc is giving me something untill then to help with the stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.