Longest active period(3 months)

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello everyone!

im a bit worried recently as ive been having worsening issues with my periods which started since last year.

from the start, in the beginning of 2020, i was having some issues that my periods were very irregular and didnt have many periods, so they sent me for a scan in august(delayed due to covid) which showed i had very large ovarian cysts(the biggest was 25cm), i had the surgery to remove them in oct 2020, and since my surgery, my periods have gradually become longer and longer with every month. it used to always be 5 days for me, but then i went to 13 days, then 37 days ect. now ive have a ongoing period that has not stopped since sep 5th 21(its now dec 3 21).

i recently finally got another gyni and scan, the scan came back clear or any issues, and the gyni told me i should just get a coil to solve it. this got me a bit upset because a coil would only mask my issues and surely there is something going on for my period to be this long. i dont know what to do now.

any advice? ❤️

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Seems the surgery was a kind of botch job. The best thing you can do is have a surgery repair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.