Longest time between episodes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! Whats the longest time you've had between "big" episodes? My first happened after coming down from altitude from the Machu Picchu hike in 2010 and the next one more then a few seconds long happened a month ago. I didnt go with ablation back in 2010 but decided to do it now, although insurance denied it (which im wondering maybe is a sign to not do it?)

Wondering if others have had big episodes years apart? To clarify ive had small less then minute episodes after big ones (220 bpm) for a few weeks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

9 years is a good run! how long did your machu pichu attack last?, what did you do? this is often a fear of mine; having an episode during a remote hike or making an embarassing scene. I always tell myself that if it were to happen during a group hike i would ask to take a break and hope it stops!

I've had 5 episodes over the past 11 years ranging from 10 minutes to an hour. The closest i've had to having an episode formally captured was by an ER nurse via Pulse Oximeter but by time the ECG was connected it stopped. My cardiologist has run me through all the tests twice over the years but didn't capture anything abnormal; what he told me was that through process of elimination is it "most likely" SVT.

The longest stretch without an episode was a little over 4 years (2014 to 2018), the shortest was about 9 months (2011 to 2012).

• Posted

(I may potentially have had episodes a few seconds long in between like you said.)

• Posted

The longest I have gone is about 4-5 weeks.

I have had 60 episodes in the last 4 years.

My episodes last anywhere between 10 minutes up to 6 hours

• Posted

Hi. I've just arrived back home from a&e after my first svt episode for about 14 years. I'm bloody gutted! what caused it? Why now? Is it going to stay? Ended up having adenosine which is awful....... I'm really naffed off.

• Posted

Did you have a virus of any kind? A cold ?

That's what triggered mine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.