Longest Time You've Had a Kidney Stone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I hope everyone is well. I have another kidney stone question. I had on in 2018 for a couple of months and it finally passed. Started having problems with another one May 2019 and it is still with me! What is the longest a person has had to deal with a kidney stone. This one started similar to the first one and I could feel it painfully moving through my insides. Same symptoms, back pain, front pain, pieces exit and then it's better for hours or days and then bad again. I have been to two different urologists and even the ER. Had two CT scans and ultra sounds, which found nothing. But the urologist used a camera and could see the irritation that passing these pieces was leaving in my bladder. All tests, bloodwork, scans, and ultrasounds are fine and they have ruled out any other possible causes or problems. The doctors are certain it is a stone. I have passed at least 50 pieces over the past year. I've been on flomax a couple of times, but can not stand to take it more that three weeks because of the side effects. I have tried a supplement, which helped a little. Now I am back to lemon juice and olive oil. I had 15 pieces come out over the weekend. Can one kidney stone take this long to pass?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm afraid I am beginning a similar situation. I had a 5mm stone in Oct. 2017 that got stuck and required an operation. Then, I was fine until April 2020. I passed some fragments on my own and thought it was all over. Yesterday I started passing more fragments. I called my doctor and he is going to order a CT scan to check for stones. I am wondering if I have a stone that's flaking apart periodically or if I am rapidly producing stones. But the short answer to your question is yes, it can take this long. I think you need to keep trying to figure out where the stone is and how big. Unfortunately, this forum is full of stories of people getting scan after scan and not seeing the stone until one day they get lucky and it finally catches it. Chanca Piedra is a supplement that seems to help me along with Flomax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.