Longevity

Posted , 7 users are following.

For those of you that have vision loss in both eyes due to glaucoma how long have you had it? Just looking at the longevity and how you have managed to save your sight?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with glaucoma in both eyes about 15 years ago . It was kept under control with drops. 2 years ago the pressure started rising behind my right eye and they couldn't get it down and i started losing some of my peripheral vision. i had to have a trabeculectomy operation to lower the pressure and save my sight. i no longer have to use drops in this eye. i just have to use drops in my left eye to keep the pressure down and I have regular 6 monthly check ups.

• Posted

Palooz, my glaucoma doc recently told me, "No one in the first world need go blind from glaucoma any more." I was diagnosed 11 years ago. I have Ahmed valves in both eyes after trab failure, and take Azopt and Rocklatan. Scheduled for cataract surgery in January. Target pressure is 8, but seems I am stable at 10, which is where I am now, down from 15. I get checked every 3 months. Twenty years ago my previous D.O. noticed high pressures but never did anything about it. I feel very lucky that I finally have a glaucoma group that I have faith in. Even though I have severe vision loss as a result of poor medical management in the past, I'm looking forward to keeping what vision I have left for the remainder of my lifespan. I'm 65.

• Posted

hi, I've had narrow angle glaucoma diagnosed for 18 years buy i had it before diagnosis at least 5 years.

ive had vision loss - peripheral. ive had cataract surgery - clear lens extraction and iridioplasties done. its progressing, but slowly as you see on the test results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.