Longlasting itching/tingling (especialy on heat)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am 33 years old and since February I am experiencing itch/tingling attacks on a daily basis. It normally starts before noon and lasts 3 or 4 ours, it rarely occurs in the evening and never during the night. The itch starts on the face and sometimes continues to the hair and upper body region. There are no visible signs on the skin. Creams don't help, dermatologist said it is not a skin problem. Did blood tests, found slightly evelavated thyroid's TSH - 6 with normal T3, T4 and antibodies).

The itch also starts when my body heats up (short walk on the sun), exercise, sit into warm car, ..., mental activity ... Cooling with cold water helps . My current thinking is that the problem is in peripheral nerves. I also did head MR for MS and Lym boreliosis test, which were negative. I had no zoster signs in the past. Sinus problems (polyps) were found through MR, had operation in may, with no effect on the itching. In the last month, I am experiencing slight pain in knees, even after 20 min walks (2 monts ago I would easily run 10+ km). Since February, I additionally experienced Raynaulds phenomenom on my left finger for three times, which never happened before that. Pressing the tips on my fingers and feet sometimes triggers slight pain, like being stinged with a needle.

Quality of life is realy low at the moment since I am not even able to go out during the day, exercise is not possible, and even withthout that I still spend 3 or more ours a day scratching and cooling with cold water, not being able to do anything else, like my job.

Does anybody have a clue what might that be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Are you on any medication, the reason i ask is i once suffered extreme itching on my legs and after seeing a Neuroligist it was found to be a particular drug that i was taking, it was affecting my liver. I was taken off those drugs and a few months later the drug was taken off the market.

• Posted

Hi, thx for this viewpoint. I am using nasonex and saflutan eye drops. I was ready thinking about them being the fault although i have been using them longer then the problems exist. Tried to be without them for 10 days with no effect. Both shouldnt have any systematic side effects as far as I know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.