Look up Clitoris Phimosis it's a side effect of LS

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been studying for weeks on end trying to find answers to this painful Lichen Sclerosis. Most of the people I have written to or read about in this forum have the white plaque, pain, itching, fusing etc. .

Seems we are all trying borax or some oils or clobetisol, estrogen creams .... everything helps a little but nothing un does the architecture decline and visible damage. While I will continue to hope the Borax does something, so far 3 weeks in I have nothing new to report in my hopes to the fusing correcting.

I have found a new article I am studying and I wish we were allowed to post links on here. It is a slide show of the private female anatomy. The slide show shows the anatomy of the vulva and how the hiding clitoris can be corrected.

Clitoral Phimosis happens as a side effect of LS. The definition is basically : Adhesions from the clitoral hood to

the glans, obscuring the corona of the

glans clitoris. And happens in degrees all the way to 100%.

I am just a patient that is looking for answers and that is my disclaimer for if this isnt important to this forum.

This is the slide show to look up

Sherita A. King, MD and Irwin Goldsein, MD.

In-Office Treatment of Clitorodynia: Lysis of Clitoral Adhesions Following Dorsal Nerve Block.

Very informative. And I think worth the research.

4 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julia!! I’m Brigitte, thankyou for the « int ». It is ashame that as sufferers we find links and can’t post them but with little tips we will find the link. I’ll continue on my side (same as everyone here) to try to find more stuff. Mine is quite retracted 😩awful disease. Hugs 🤗 

• Posted

Thanks Julia!  I never thought LS would destroy so much of my down under, but it is now making its way to the clitoris and eating up everything around it.  It's like some flesh-eating disease.  Still trying to find answers after all these years.  Appreciate the additional information.

• Posted

I'm going to look at the slide show. Thanks for telling about it. I just would the itch would go away.

• Posted

Here is an update. After two weeks of hell and trying every possible remedy, I decided to go back and try the Clob again. If you remember, initially, it seemed to make it worse.  When I asked my GYN about it, she first told me to just keep it up but reduce the amount.  I tried that but it hurt so much that I stopped.  I called again and told her and she then told me to stop and go buy Monistat 7 !  What a complete blow off !  I am no Dr. but I know when I have a yeast infection ! 

So in utter desperation and many nights of no sleep, (why does it get worse at night?), I tried just a tiny bit of the Clob.  Last night was the first night that I slept well in two weeks !  I have no idea why it made a difference this time but happy about it.  I realize that the Clob cannot be used longterm and I am still going to keep on eye on my anatomy down there, but for the time being it seems to be working. 

• Posted

That's great news! it can definitely help when you need it.

Something odd happened to me yesterday.  I have Lupus and was asking advice on a Lupus help site. There was a post from a woman complaining about the many and varied symptoms of Lupus and then she started talking about her undercarriage asking if anyone else had these symptoms as she had seen a few doctors and nobody knew what the Hell she had..it took me all of five seconds to realise that she had Lichen Sclerosus..funny huh! 

I told her this but I'm not sure she will see it as it was an old post, probably about ten days old. eek

• Posted

Hi Becca, I am a male with LS (also known as BXO in men) and I was diagnosed 7+ years ago.  I hope you have found just the right of Clob to keep you just right down below.  Just a thought, do you take a shower most nights before going to bed, or apply something else in the area before going to bed?  Not knowing what you have previously posted, but you know about plain cotton undies, perhaps not wearing anything to cover down below as often as possible? And suchlike?

In terms of Clob (I use Dermovate / ClobaDerm variations of Clobetasol) and using it long-term, I have NOT found any alternative to using this and I have been using the Clob for more than 7 years now.  The frequency of application varies, depending on whether I am sexually active or not - usually I apply it every other day, or everyday.  Occasionally, I can take a break of not applying it for 2 complete days - but then you can start to see white skin growths on the small affected area after 3 days of no Clob ......

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.  This is so new to me, so being able to talk to others on this website is crucial for me.  Yes, I have heard those recommendations.  I am doing anything and everything I can to reduce my chances for a flare.  Yesterday, miraculously after two applications of Clob, it was almost  gone !  Then today, even thought I am still dosing the recommended dose, I started itching again ! AGHHHH... 
  • Posted

Hi Julia- we are ALWAYS interested in what everyone has to share! 😁 Many of us hv seen that Dr Goldstein’s video and it had alot of helpful information. There was also a video out of Italy that showed female genitalia with varying degrees of LS, LP, VIV, ulcers, lesions, fusing, and vulvular cancer. It is good for is all to know what our architecture should look like ( though it varies from person to person).  I was diagnosed almost 12 weeks ago and definitely have clitoral Phimosis, I can tell it is getting worse and much less sensitive. I somewhat prefer that to the excrutiating pain and inflammation I had there in May/ June, but all is calm now. It still “ works”, but not like it used to. Hoping to retain ability to fi d pleasure in it without surgery, but it may come to that. Anazing what architectural changes can happen in just a few weeks! 😬😬

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.