LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am looking for a doctor in Dallas Tx. area who knows about tapering off benzodiazepines. My sleep doctor has no idea. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Google the Ashton plan. Print it out and take it to show him.

its basically a diazepam withdrawal method.

it does work if you really want to come of them.

many people on the Zopiclone website have used this method successfully.

• Posted

I am still,having to use diazepam for sleep and anxiety in daytime.  I have ashton plan here but am not reasy to start the process yet as i am still suffering the anxiety.  My hubby thinks the anxiety feeds off the benzos as i wasnt ill like this before dr gave me them for muscle cramps originally which are now gone, but the diaz isnt.  Now i also feel depressed because of all this.

if you are well then the ashton plan is said to be the best.  It can take some time but it works according to those who have used it.

• Posted

Ann your agitation etc is probably caused by diazepam if that is the case and your husband is right you will not get ease from your symptoms until you get off the benzodiazepam and your brain heals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.