Looking for a new doctor

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 20 year Achalasia survivor looking for a new doctor. I live in southern California where I had the great benefit of the University of Southern California physician, Dr Dimeester. unfortunately, the doctor is now retired and I am 16 years post-op with reoccurance of my symptoms. Can anyone recommend a new clinician?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dr DeMeester has been an excellent doctor, and I am sure you appreciated your good fortune in being treated by him. As I understand it, the residual expertise in his old department is very high, so I would be inclined t seek an appointment with his successor or one of the team there.

Recurrence of symptoms does happen and it does sound like you need to be reassessed.

All best wishes

• Posted

Thank you for your input Alan. Do you know whom is the best of Demeester's old group?

• Posted

Not offhand, No. If I hear anything I will let you know.

Good luck

Alan

• Posted

I hear John Lipham is recommended there.

• Posted

Hi, I am Muratcan from Izmir,Turkey. I had a same problem with you. I had an examination with Sam Patient Services. They found a good doctor who can solve this problem. The doctor healed me with poem method. I will recommend you this company. If you want , you can contact with this number about your problem. They will help you with best way. Phone : 00905495004036

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.