Looking for advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Seen councillor today who has with me agreed that  30mg of citalopram isn't helping me any it's causing me to be be very anxious and I'm now having to take diazepam to calm the anxiety so today it has been decided that I will now reduce to 20 mg citalopram and see how I get on iv so far not had to take my diazepam today as I don't feel as anxious  but I have an ache feeling in my head and mind numb sensation in my head has anyone had any experience of this and reducing the dose on the first day? And has 30mg caused increased anxiety in anyone else?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think it's caused increased anxiety in me , but I'm trying to wait out the 4-6 week adjustment period to see if it resolves. How long have you been on 30?
    • Posted

Hi Im on citalopram for 12 weeks but 30mg for about 3-4 weeks I was upped to 30 as I was experiencing physical anxiety symptoms which stopped when I upped to 30mg but Iv had terrible anxiety can't sleep feel like adrenaline was surging through my body all day and night. It was horrific and the only thing that calmed me down was diazepam which I didn't want to take but after 2 weeks I had to I was so bad. I'm just amazed that today iv only had 20mg and I'm a 100times calmer I'm not even shaky when my kids Are arguing and screaming which was really making me anxious. 
  • Posted

Hi Dawn

i was 10mg for about 4 weeks then upped to 20 for a few weeks. The anxiety was so bad I stopped. The gp told me to stop and changed to Prozac the next day. That was 2 weeks ago. Have some anxiety but no where near as bad!.. Some people say it's worth the effort and it eventually works!.. I couldn't tolerate it after 7 weeks, enough was enough!.. Maybe see how it goes and consider changing?! X

• Posted

Hi Helen they said today if this doesn't work iv to try venaflaxine next bit I'm amazed that since this morning I'm sitting with no anxiety and hope it continues like this I don't really want to change after all iv been through to get here xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.