Looking for advice, please..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hallo,

i am 40 men, fit (martial arts instructor), I do not smoke, drink or take any drugs at all. Three months ago I have started to have sudden chest pain (dull, throbbing pain and sometimes light aching), epigastric pain with lots of burping and gas, lightheadedness and dizziness. First 2-3 weeks I had a lot of acid but now that is gone. It is always wors/bad in the morning after I wake up. I sleep perfectly though. As soon as I wake up I need to go straight to empty my bowel which is mid loose. After 30min I have to repeat it again this time it is very watery. Some mornings it is accompanied with dizziness and light shivering. Hot shower sometimes helps for a very short time. While all this happening I have irregularity in my heart beat and pain in the mid/left chest. After all this 'routine' I do get mild headache and feel very tired. I had many standard  ecg's, blood tests, chest X-rays, stress ecg and echocardiogram done and doctors say my heart is fine. Two weeks ago I had 24h ecg and they find out that at one point (11pm) my heart rate dropped to 31 bpm. (my usual is 52 bpm). Further, I had stool samples test (all clear)  and endoscopy. I was diagnosed with Coeliacs disease (Marsh 3). Since then I have been on gluten free diet but my problem is not getting better (it's the same). Any ideas, please? Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi TB, I am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. It sounds like my story. Ten years ago, I fainted one day, and after being taken to the ER, things just kept getting worse. I had daily pain and diarrhea (at least two episodes of that every morning). Like you, I had every test there was. They did not find anything wrong, but they kept trying different medicines on me. They diagnosed me with IBS, acid reflux, and after a colonoscopy, with lymphacytic colitis. Looking back, I have to say that I believe all this was caused by stress. I am a single mom, and my daughter was very young. And I was teaching full time. And the biggest thing was that I had been transferred to a very unfriendly school. Some of the teachers there were so mean! So I'm just wondering...do you have a stressful situation where you work? I mean so stressful that you would be better off not working there? If so, try to change that. Now I pretty much have all the gastro stuff under control and no medicine. The only problem I have now is costochondritis, and I'm trying to get that under control. Good luck, and let me know what you do.

• Posted

Hallo Nancy. Thank you for your reply. Yes it's annoying to start the day in pain/not feeling well. My work is physical but not stressful and I enjoy it so stress do not come from there. Last year I was finishing university and I had my first symptoms but it was only for a very short time which I linked to being a full time 'older' student with full time job. But you right stress it's a trigger in many cases. I need to look into it deeper. Thx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.