Looking for an answer to bloated stomach and breathing problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I suffer from Asthma & Fibromyalgia.

For the past 3 weeks I've been struggling with a pain between my shoulder blades - right side to be precise which shoots into my ribs. My stomach are swollen; I'm nauseas; headaches; dizzy to the point that I've passed out on two occasions and a bitter taste in my mouth as well as heartburn. My stool is a coloured mix of lught brown and dark brown. My worst part is my struggle to breathe and the pain in my right lung. When I put pressure on my upper stomach I can actually breathe better. I've been for an ultra sound - My kidneys; pankreas; galbladder are healthy and there are no gall stones. My luver shows something called "Hyperechoic" But this still does not explain my struggle to breathe and all the other symotoms. Any advice please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi FaboulousityGirl

Perhaps you should get your lungs xrayed and tested due to the pain in your upper back and your breathing problem. Also, your asthma condition may need to be checked also by getting a chest xray......also keep a food diary to see what triggers your stomach bloating and heartburn...have you been tested for HPylori which causes acid reflux and bloating. HP test can be checked via stool test, breath test and endoscopy..there is also a blood test that is not very reliable...best wishes..

• Posted

I don't know if this helps because I don't have the answers to my problems yet either, but I've been experiencing though symptoms as well. I've been noticed doctors aren't too great at solving digestive problems.

however, what I definitely is that I have had treatment for h pylori and gastritis. I get shortness of breath and extreme bloating. However, the bad news is that the treat and cutting out all bad things including, wheat, dairy, high sugar and large meals hasn't helped yet.

If I were you, I would definitely inisit on a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy at the very least. That's how they found the h pylori and ulcer in my oesphagus.

• Posted

Sorry for missing out words and the autocorrect there. I was typing quickly. smile
  • Posted

Your breathing problem could be your asthma or an infection.  It may also be caused by anxiety and stress about your symptoms.  Fibromyalgia, as you probably know already, can cause stress and anxiety too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.