Looking for answers..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I truly believe that I have PR. I've been dealing with this for about five weeks now. First I was diagnosed with ringworm. After a week I knew this was not ringworm. I went back to my GP doctor and she agreed. She referred me to a dermatologist. He did a skin scraping and a biopsy. At that time he mention that it could be PR. The lab results came back as contact dermatitis. The rash is everywhere. My face, head, shoulders, back, arms, ect. I may need to take a leave of absence from work. I work with the public and I'm more self-conscious now. I have another dermatologist appointment coming up soon. I'm going to ask for blood work and more diagnostics. At this point I do believe that I have PR but I'm concerned with autoimmune disease like lupus. So my question is how were you diagnosed with PR?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

OATMEAL AND SELSON BLUE! every day bathe in it and wash your self In it.  I did this for three weeks, (I have the rosea where it felt like someone was pricking me with a needle all over my rash) and it's barely there, and I've had it for a month. Hang in there and do the oatmeal and Selson blue. 
    • Posted

Thanks Taylor, I am not too itchy,only on my face, thank goodness. The doctor Rx a steriod cream, it discolored my skin, I stopped it.  Do you use a certian oatmeal bath?
  • Posted

Hi Manning

It seems that it is a really inconclusive diagnosis ....just have a go at doing what I did.

SEriously, it cleared up within a week.

Head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo used as body wash in shower 2x day Then I covered myself in a mix of cortisone and antifungal cream (the cortisone really didnt do much but controlled itch but it is not actually that itchy.)

But then I booked into a solarium (harder to fine in Australai=!) and did 6 minutes three times a week. By the third time,they had started to go a bit dry. I plastered on  a really mild moisturiser morning and night as they ended up getting a bit drier.

I also went and got some super strong Vit C tablets and a multivitam. I aws quite stressed when i got it as well,  but the rash then made me more stressed. The dermatoligist who I know well just told me it could take 4 months to heal. I got rid of it pretty much completely with three weeks, but got a couple of spots not long ago and jus went and did 6 mnutes in solarium again which is not going to kill me!!

Have a go with that! I reckon if it is PR which is sounds like, it will work.

smile

• Posted

It started off with what looked like a ringworm and then a couple weeks later it turned into little red patcheson my chest and back.. Eventually it spread up my face and down my extremities. It was everywhere and it felt like hell. I rather itchy hell. Lol, especially on my face! I definitely understand the self conscious thing, I did not even want to look in the mirror. The doctors tried me on a you-know-what ton of benadryl, which knocked me out but didn't do jack. Then steroids, which also didn't do jack. Until they came up with the fact that I had PR. As we are all now well aware they basically have no cure for it lol it has to run its course so they say. What worked for me was coconut oil and myrrh, together all over my body. This immediately cooled my face. I did this about twice a day for just one week. However, the very day after starting this combination I had already began to heal! For me, it was a miracle combination. After just one week of doing this, it was like I had new skin. You would have never guessed I looked like a dang leapord several days prior. This has worked for others as well! Another girl freaking with PR tried this combo after reading my post, tried it, and was immediately cooled and then completely healed within several days I believe. Give this a shot! The best of luck! I pray that it helps smile 
    • Posted

**dealing** not "freaking"... Sorry, lots of typos. Not the best at writing paragraphs via android.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.