looking for answers

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys! i have been on this forum since late last year, struggling with the diagnosis of mono. on november seventh of last year was when i fell really ill. a positive blood test for mono came back an elevated white blood count as well as liver enzymes. i continue to have all of my weird symptoms today (brain fog, nausea, dry eyes, eye floaters, headache, bodyache, low bp, high hr) etc. i don't even think i could list them all if i wanted. anyway, throw a possible pots diagnosis in there but i am unsure at the moment because of all the other symptoms continuing. i STILL have a low grade fever and severe body aches. can't even get out of bed. the weird thing is this comes and goes in waves. i will be bed bound for three weks and then semi starting to improve and then i crash again. i have no idea what to do. i am currently a little over five months and feel like i am dying...literally. i have had my blood drawn so many times (i think last was mid feb) and my white blood cell count was lowering on 1/25 and then increased from 7.2 to 9.2 WITHIN TWO WEEKS. my arms are too weak to even be typing right now. wish this virus would let up soon ug. temp at 99.6 like usual...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christina,

So sorry you're having a hard day. You have all classic symptoms of mono. May I ask you where do you live? I live in Canada and it's so cold right now, the cold makes me worse. 

The blood results actually can fluctuate from hour to hour. It's normal when you're fighting a virus like mono. I also have the low grade fever on and off but mine started actually months later. My first symptoms started in May, 2017, low grade fever started since January. I had blood tests done probably 7-9 times already. Each time I get different markers while years before when I used to have a blood test done the markers were the same from year to year. 

I want to tell you that I also have hard time to list my symptoms because they are so many and so different and so strange. Sometimes I mention 1/4 of the symptoms when I see a doctor because they think I'm crazy. 

• Posted

Hey Christina,

So sorry things are still so tough, it was similar case for me I was diagnosed in the October (many years ago) and by the March-April next year I was still struggling so much, especially with this low grade fever which I never thought would go away.

I really do want to reassure that this DOES go away - it feels like it never will at the time, but really it does - it still took a few more months for me yet but by August i really started to see a turning point towards full recovery, thanks to God. Remember recovery with this is zig-zag, so it can feel like two steps forward three back at times - this is normal but you WILL get there 100% I truly believe that. Cope with one day at a time is all your can do Christina, I know how tough even that is when feeling this way sad

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.