looking for any new advise or info

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with LS in 2004, a year after having my second child at the age of 31.  I noticed itching and sores and immediately started looking up info.  thought it may be LS so went to a free clinic to a dermatologist who diagnosed me. Ive been using Clobetasol treatment ever since.  Using it twice a week.   I live in the US and have only found disscussion forums for LS for UK.   I have tried to find Aqueous cream but not found it and have tried other creams and just gave up.   Symptoms have not been too unbearable but do get worse near and on my period.  Drs are not the most helpful.  Sex was not too much of an issue as my husband had ED issues.  For the past year he has been taking testoerone and his ED issues are getting better so now we are having more intercourse.   For a while it seemed the more sex we had the less symptoms of my LS I would have.  But that was short lived.  I experience dryness so use lubricant but still experience irritation after ward.  I just recently heard about using coconut oil as lubricant.  Any one else try it or have other recommendations. 

Thank you

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My skin tends to become slimy and then it flares. If If I can put Desitin on then it really helps, or actually anytime it helps! I too am in the US. I have sensitive skin and ointments don't do all that great. I use Desitin, 40% zinc oxide paste. For me, the thicker the better! The creamy kind does not give me much relief. I've had LS for most of my life. People say wonderful things about cold pressed coconut oil. I've never tried it though.
    • Posted

That's interesting about slimy. I've had two days, six months apart, when the white patch was gone and my skin felt different and also I felt sort of aroused. I now thing that there's a sort of swelling coming up when that happens, because the next day, boom, my perineum tears.
    • Posted

thanks, I will definately try that first.   I am curious about the coconut oil for lubricant because regular lubricant sometimes causes itchyness.
    • Posted

I think for me its around the ovulation time, thats when I notice a slimy or natural lubrication  and feel arousal then I go into premenstrual symptoms and flare up starts. I believe its the arousal that causes the swelling cause I definately notice swelling after any sex.
    • Posted

My " slimy" skin occurs around my genital area and in any skin folds that exist!
    • Posted

Ah, well this all falls into place. I've suspected there was a cyclic element. And during the year of menopause I felt aroused often and the LS progressed very fast. I had atrophy happen in a matter of months. I have heard that after menopause some shadow of the cycle continues.
    • Posted

Yeah, in the back of my mind I keep hope that it will get better after memopause, since young girls can go in remission with puberty. Sadly im seeing thats not always the case.
  • Posted

Hi. there's a very good for LS sufferers on Yahoo dot com which seems to be for mostly US based people.   I was in it and found their general advice very good but prefer this one because a lot of the creams etc mentioned on the yahoo site were unavailable here I'm in Ireland.  Its a closed group, but I think you can join it through the Living with LS page. Re. creams versus oils, you have to experiment: oily products suit some, creams suit others. I know I'm much better with creams or water-based lubricants.  
    • Posted

Thanks, I did stumble across that sight but didnt take time to register. Would be nice to know good creams available in the NW
  • Posted

you mention a cyclical element....do you get breast hardness, irregularity in your cycle or spotting before your period?
    • Posted

My periods are very regular. They are very light almost spotting the entire 4 days. Usually just one day of actually bleeding. Most months my breast gets very sore, tender up to two weeks before I start. Strangely that did not happen this month and this has been one of the worst flares in months. but definately notice the dryness of the vulva starting a few days before my period. 
    • Posted

it may not have been you but one of us was describing what might be oestrogen dominance....actual hardness of the breasts and spotting out of sync....

anyway sorry to hear you're having a flare

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.