Looking for discounts on Medicines

Posted , 4 users are following.

Right now I'm on Atrovent nebulizer, the solution is only $6.67. But the inconvenience of having to stop 3 times a day for 15 minutes is a pain but the inhaler is $250-$350. I was hoping to find a coupon or a address I can write to or someone I can call to get help. I know someone had probably already said all of this. I'm still new, sorry.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Unites States, South Georgia
    • Posted

Sorry, I can't help you, I'm in Australia so I only know that would almost certainly be free and at worst very cheap here under our public health system.     Do you have a Lung Foundation or something similar there that you could contact and find out if there's any financial support they can direct you to?   You can't be the only one with this issue, it must come up all the time.   

If you're in a rehab group ask the pulmonary nurses and physio's, they'll know whether you can get help with this.

Good luck with it

• Posted

Thank you anyways. I'm trying to get into a pulmonary rehabilitation program but they are expensive here. I'm still trying though.
    • Posted

Oh dear, I do hate to hear that, they're so valuable for learning how to manage your condition.   You can find breathing exercises on youtube I believe, but I'm sorry that won't help you with your medical costs or the face to face support aspect & access to pulmonary nurses etc.

I reckon it'd be worth you while contacting them by phone anyway and see if they have any information which could help you.    It's a bugger for you to have to do this when you're already ill:  whatever you need should be available either free or for what you can afford.

• Posted

I think I'm having a Senior Moment....cheesygrin   How do I contact the moderator AND how do I send a private message????
    • Posted

I'm having a senior life, can't be bothered even learning how to do that, although of course I can reply to people who send me private messages and to the mods.

Someone on here will let you know how to do it

• Posted

Sandy and Krissi

If you scroll down to the bottom of any page on patient UK

on the left are 2 links, one named

Terms and conditions

and the other;

Help and Frequently Asked Questions

From both these links you will be able to find all you need to know.

• Posted

Hi Krissi

When you get a better doctor or get into a clinic, whether free or otherwise, tell them you need to get your meds through Patient Assistance. This is a program offered by most US pharmaceutical companies, their lame way to make up publicly for the ridiculous prices they scam from us for meds. The name may have changed a bit but any clinic knows what this is.

Some private pay gps refuse to do the paperwork. I cannot blame them, as the pharmaceutical companies keep the doctor's staff on the phone for hours for each patient, with most of that time spent listening to muzak on hold. Emergency and urgent care doctors don't do this kind of thing.

If you can get on Medicaid, if your income and assets are low enough, you can get a certain number of scrips free every month or at a very low cost. Ditto for the low income clinics.

You can try calling pharmaceutical companies yourself. I think they'll say what I've said.

Some pharmacy and grocery chains have prescription plans. I don't know anything about them. If it costs money to join or if there's a monthly premium uhh m, make sure they cover the med you want before you pay.

Good luck and keep on with the treatments. They're a drag, but better than nothing.

• Posted

Hi Krissi DS (daily strength) COPD / emphysema discussion forum would be a good place for you to ask that question.  Many US based persons would be able to share with you where they get their meds and help you with where you may be able to get help.

• Posted

Kristi, if you're anywhere near a Costco, find out if they let non-members buy meds there. It seems to vary by state. Also in some places they have an inexpensive insurance plan. Of course, inexpensive is a relatively term.

Aitarg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.