Looking for Granuloma Anulara cure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is it related to gluten?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeanne

In my case unfortunately it is not. I read a post last year that made a possible link between the two so decided to give it a try. It made no difference to my GA which is wide spread. It has helped my digestion though so I have stuck to the gluten free bread and pasta and try to choose gluten free when eating out. Just because it has had no effect for me it may be different for you as you know what doesn’t help  one GA sufferer might just help another. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Caroline 

• Posted

Hello Jeanne,

I had GA on the back of my hands for several years after which it spread to my forearms, back of my neck and spots on my legs. It's 100% gone now after taking chloroquine for 4 months. I'm not a believer in all the gluten solution and you should already know that GA is known to disappear on it's own.

I'm pretty confident the chloroquine was responsible for getting rid of my GA but I can't prove it because GA does resolve on it's own. 

If you Google "anti-malarial drugs for GA" you can read about the history. 

Good Luck,

Jeff

Antimalarial agents, including hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and chloroquine(Aralen), have been used in the treatment of granuloma annulare.Nov 15, 2006

• Posted

From my past experiences most skin issues are caused my diet. It can be trying. I’ve been doing theSIBO diet and slowly see healing. Very slowly but digestion is much better and sinuses too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.