looking for help

Posted , 2 users are following.

2 months ago got my results and have Diverticula took a while nearly 3 months to find out what it was as i only had really bad pain when i bent down and the worst ever pain when i turned over in bed.I was told to take pain killers fybrogel and drink more water none of which seem to work ! I have not slept through a night for months how do you manage the pain ? I do not have any bowel problems apart from when i need to go i need to go quick I have not had a day with being in pain for months i'm so tired any adivse ? 

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello joyce

wellcome to the dastardly DD club (where everyone would rather not be a member).

Did you have a colonoscopy or CT scan to confirm your condition? If so did you not get any initial antibiotic treatments? We are all different in our management and avoidance tactics but if you look through this web site you will find a great deal of information from the contributing sufferers. Read up and assess where you are in the progression of your ailment,take into account: age, diet, activity, pain etc and you will be able to structure some defence. It will be indigenous to you as no doctor or consultant will give you an accurate state of play or prognosis so you need to build your own. Hopefully with the help of the great people on this web site,remember you will never be suffering alone and we are all trying to help each other.

regards and good luck

philj

• Posted

Thank you for the reply been away for a few days. Yes i had a colonoscopy and they gave me the results there and then which i took to the gps a few days after but she never gave me any antibiotics just some 

amitriptyline​ to take at night to help with the pain,I will read through the site to see how other people manage 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.