Looking for information on Orlistat

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hey everyone,

Found this forum after researching on Orlistat.  Doctor has given me one month supply of Orlistat and have to see him in one month and see what I can do after that.  Weight at 17st and I am 5ft 4 with dress size 20, I have tried to lose weight but the weight is not falling off anymore, so the doctor has given me these tablets because my bmi is still high.  Started taking Orlistat on Friday 31 October 2014 and watching what I eat after the doctor advised on low fat diet. 

Any help on what I can do to help the weight lost would be most helpful. 

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

I have blog if you want it?

Britney

X

• Posted

Watch what you eat only have low calorie food. I have weight watchers food or steamed veg with stemed chicken or fish. Cut right down on the potaoes and the bread. Only have weight watchers bread. Eat has much fruit and veg as you want. Make sure you take the tablets after every meal. What i do is i dont eat any later than 4 o clock in the evening. Then later on i have a slim fast milk shake. If i feel hungry i have a few nuts or a bit of fruit or a weight watchers bar. I lose 2 1b a week. the weight is coming off you have to change the way you eat for ever. Only eat when you are hungry. ?Your body will ajust. You have to be strong minded and remember do it for you and your health. I was disgusted when the doctor told me i was obese i was so ashamed. Those words have stuck in my head. Stick with it and good luck.

• Posted

Def low fat i had first experience other day where I ate out and bread had butter on it lol wasn't good I lost four pound last week that was my first week
  • Posted

Hi I too have been prescribed this wondered of its suitable to follow slimming world and take them? 

Thanks 

• Posted

Yes you can but can't have cheese/chocolate etc. I never followed sw i did my own plan which worked for me
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply what about eggs? I'm going to start Monday ad do the food shopping then so it's a fresh week fresh start. Little bit nervous about  starting with the side affects but really need to lose weight so the benfits out weigh the negatives  Would you mind sending me your blog?  

Thank you 

• Posted

Alot of people say no to eggs as they define the 50 fat per 100g food rule. However I have them at least 3 times a week and never have and nasty side effects x
    • Posted

Hi Anne, How are you getting on with it with slimming world? I have just started slimming world again and started the tablets today. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.