Looking for input

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have been dealing with the following issues for a couple years now:

weight loss (BMI is 20 currently)

irritability/anxiety got way worse

brain fog

fatigue gets bad sometimes (debilitating)

shaky/sweaty

fast heart rate

muscle twitching

fasting blood glucose--118

prickly sensation in extremities (nerve issues I'm guessing)

food sensitivities to pretty much everything

moderate to severe acne

TSH -- .79

T4 -- 1.5

Thanks for any input! Those thyroid levels were from over a year ago when symptoms first really started showing themselves.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If your symptoms are worse, you need to see your doc and tell him/her that. Until you have a confirmed diagnosis of hyperthyroidism by a TSH out of the normal range, many docs only test for TSH and T4 and when I was tested, I had a normal TSH initially but I had symptoms of hyper and then 3 weeks later had a TSH and Free T3 and Free T4 done and they were all in abnormal ranges. So ask your doc to test you again for hyperthyroidism. Your values may have changed now especially with your symptoms.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a PCP, but I am seeing an endocrinologist at the end of June. I told the NP who I saw to give me a FULL thyroid panel. My mom's boss told me to be very clear on that. The nurse looked away when I said that and whispered to herself, "I think we'll just need the TSH and T4...." I am to this day furious and still plan to write to her boss about how she treated me like just some crazy, stupid, anxious female.

• Posted

Don't know where you live but I am in Toronto and if it were me, I would go to an Emergency Department. The end of June is a long time to suffer with these symptoms. In the meantime, some things that can help are supplements. I took Regular L-Carnitine after reading about its benefits in a Research article in an Endocrinology medical journal. After a year off meds, my TSH went down to 0.76 from 1.5 during a time when i was stressed and my Endo told me just to restart the Carnitine as he thought that I could do it with that alone instead of going back on meds. I did that and my TSH went back up to 1.0. The article said you could take up to 3,000 mg of this for hyperthyroidism. Also Vitamin D is very important for good thyroid functioning. I take 1,000 IU daily of this. I found out I was deficient in vitamin D, Total Carnitine and magnesium levels as are most patients who run hyper so I replaced these. Still off meds now, just taking supplements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.