Looking for insights/thoughts/positivity

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all. i only joined yesterday bit have been on a long journey already 'summarised' below:

1999: contracted glandular fever/EBV after first year at uni. intense but short-lived episode.

2014: i think EBV likely re-activated albeit i didnt recognise/realise. came down with what i thought was really bad flu during a time of significant stress (flooding and family bereavement). evenetually recovered.

2014-2017: random list of symptoms incl. neuralgia, vitiligo...

Jan 2017: really bad insomnia for 9 months

Sept 2017: hit hard but a multitude of symptoms incl. muscle weakness, tingling, night sweats, vertigo/dizziness, disassociation, photophobia and continued awful insomnia. Was diagnosed with vestibular migraines. put on anti-depressants.

9 months later i came off the awful anti-depressants as they made things worse and i wasnt convinced by the diagnosis.

March 2019: slow improvement up to March last year then saw a functional doctor who did tests and diagnosed EBV and mycotoxins.

Mar-Nov 2019: on a multitude of supplements (incl selenium, lysine, monolaurin, echinacea, ....) plus enema, saunas. generally improving to 90% recovered.

Dec 2019: nearly there i thought, (general unwinding feeling. Then hit with new symptoms incl. lip muscle twitching which freaks me out as its strongly linked to MS. Now have stomach issues for the first time. So sharp pains, discomfort, tenderness particularly in the lower intestine.

Really looking for some reassurance, advice and i guess sympathy. I really thought i was nearly better and now i'm worried by new symptoms which causes the mind to wander to worse diagnosis. I can handle EBV/mono as i have for the last god knows how long. Feeling despondent, worried and sad.

on the plus side i've tried so much so may be able to help others with advice, views, opinions.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

have you thought about visiting a Neurologist to make sure nothing else is going on? They can run a ton of blood tests to check for many other things inlcuding auto immune

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.