Looking for local support group for voice tremors.

Posted , 3 users are following.

These new voice tremors are making me emotional. I think joining a group may help me feel more calm. Just a thought.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have familal tremors which make my voice and hands tremor. I take propranolol 60 mgs but I started on 40 most. It helps with the tremors. I am very conscious of them, people tell me they're not as bad as I think they are but the band's news is that the meds cause weight gain. I guess what gain is better than voice tremors before I went on the meds my voice was so bad I couldn't speak at all.

• Posted

Stormi..I have been noticing a little head shaking for maybe 10 years. Only once in a great while though..then this year my voice got hot big time. Pretty hard stuff..on gabaminton 300 MG 3x day. Not sure about this. It helped a first but 3 weeks ago but yesterday and today it seems less effective. Your username seems appropriate for this condition.Thank you for reaching out.
    • Posted

..@voice got hit. Spell check correction. Also I take gabaminton 100 MG 3x day. Another correction.
  • Posted

There are support groups on Facebook.

i have dystonic tremor all my limbs neck and jaw, I take propranolol 80 mgs slow release and clonazepam, work very well in minimising the tremor. I has affectedmy voice I had speech therapy for a year and it's much stronger now. If you haven't already ask GP ti refer you to a movement disorder Neurologist for diagnosis and treatment xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.