looking for pain relief

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have posted several times asking this question.  My posts have been deleted. It is a legitiment question.   I am at the end of my rope with the pain. I have tried everything!  I know that medicinal herbs have helped cancer patients and others with pain related health issues.  I am hoping by calling it herbs you all know what I am asking.  My doctor is researching this for me but until I have resuts from her I am wondering if any of you on this site with CRPS have tried it and if i helps. 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It provided a sense of feeling better.  it lowers the anxiety of having pain and, for me,  because it provided that particular form of relief it made me, overall, feel better then having not tried it. Plus, since I have issue with nausae from taking the various medications, it also eased that symptom and allowed me to enjoy my meals more. 

So yeah, it is no miracle treatment that'll stop the pain but it did make me feel better about the pain, if that makes any sense to you.

• Posted

Hello Nemoris..thanks for your reply.  Yes, it makes sense to me.  I am hoping it would also help me sleep.  I only get about 4 to 5 hours a night. Thanks again and wishing you well.
    • Posted

Lynn, I have not tried it but am having blocks that don't last long at all. As for the lack of sleep, unfortunately that is a result of CRPS we all have to live with. I get between 2- 4 hours a night due to leg siezures , shocking then the burning which turns to ice cold. If you try it and have success please post and let us know.Good Luck !!

• Posted

When I've had the occassion to include this in my own regiment of pain management, it has added atleast 2-3 extra hours of sleep for me.

• Posted

Hi Hooptie,  I've tried a nerve block twice with no results at all.  I am leaning towards trying the herb as I am running out of options.  I am still waiting for feedback from my doctor as she is doing some research on it for me.  If I get good results I will post.  Thanks for your input.  Wishing you well!

• Posted

Any added sleep would be amazing!!  Thank you and sweet dreams.
    • Posted

To sleep for rsd trazedone,lidocaine patches 5 percent or more one every 12 hours , tube is cheaper but be careful if you have pets. As to your question punch in on Google does medical m         Work for rsd .

good luck, my life is a nightmare due to  Rsd.  If your doctor prescribes the above read the directions fully.

www.

• Posted

Oops trazedone currently at150mg
  • Posted

Lynn

I understand your frustration. I pretty much stay in that state all the time too looking and searching for answers. It seems that we living with this nightmare of CRPS are always searching for something, anything to relieve some of the pain.

To answer your question, I have never tried herb. It might be a good avenue to pursue. I know God has created herbs for the purpose of healing. I did try oils, but unfortunately they did not help. Maybe because I didn't know where to put them since my pain is such a wide area.

I think anything and everything is worth trying! In trying everything, you just might stumble on what will help you deal with your pain better.

Hoping and praying you can find some relief very soon!

Browneyes

• Posted

Lynn

I understand your frustration. I pretty much stay in that state all the time too looking and searching for answers. It seems that we living with this nightmare of CRPS are always searching for something, anything to relieve some of the pain.

To answer your question, I have never tried herb. It might be a good avenue to pursue. I know has created herbs for the purpose of healing. I did try oils, but unfortunately they did not help. Maybe because I didn't know where to put them since my pain is such a wide area.

I think anything and everything is worth trying! In trying everything, you just might stumble on what will help you deal with your pain better.

Hoping and praying you can find some relief very soon!

Browneyes

• Posted

I see a neurologist the only real place to get the help you need. Doctors that are not of the neuro feild are simply stupid and have no real training in this horrific condition. I take 1800 mgs of neurontin and  pills of oxycondone daily, It helps only about 50 percent of the pain but it's better than feeling like your buring in hell 24/7. Please see a neuroligst. Never quit. Jesus Loves you. karen

• Posted

Yes, and yes.. Absolutely the literature is there to support. Not sure where you are but it's becoming a real (actually has already), treatmemt for chronic pain. Discuss with your physician!!

• Posted

I would imagine since the frase comfortably numb comes to ,mind that it would help a little, i would also like to add some advice that was given to my son and it has really helped him. It may sound a little simple but I know that my son's legs got so swollen that he actually had sretch marks from the drastic swelling and swelling around the nerves causes pain because it compresses the nerves so my son takes 2 Ibuprophen, 2 Benadryl, 3-4 times a day also B12 is supposed to help heal the nerves he takes them 3-4 times a day. Right now he takes Lyrica at bedtime. My Son fell one night when he was on crutches because he couldn't walk without the aide of crutches he was going to the bathroom and he said it was like everything just wouldn't work and he fell face first with crutches still under his arms and we started Ibuprophen & Benadryl and within about 1 & 1/2 hours he could use his crutches again so try it and if it doesn't help it won't hurt. Let me know how everything is. I hope this helps. God Bless and you are in my prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.