Looking for positive feedback w Zoloft for Anxiety :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hella friends smile 

i recently was trying a Prozac 20 mg & Effexor 75 mg combo for anxiety ... although it was very effective in the past but tried again for several weeks and I just felt more anxious . 

So so now trying 50 mg of Zoloft starting today ( after 3 days of 25mg) and just hanging on the 37.5 Effexor as Dr doesn't want to change too much at once. Looking for hopeful advice ans success stories w anxiety and Zoloft .... just praying for this to get better my friends smile 

much thanks!!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi jacqueline i can honestly say my anxiety was sky high when i started zoloft i couldnt move of the sofa because as soon as i got up i went into a panic.I have been on zoloft for about 10 weeks now and im starting to get out of the house and i am getting really deep restful sleep.Im not there yet but yes this med really works for anxiety.Also i no longer need valium.I am on 100mg best wishes jeff
    • Posted

That's is awesome Jeffrey!!!! soooooo happy for you!!!! 

Much problems w side effects at all ?

• Posted

Nausea was the main problem and worse anxiety in the first few weeks and a windy stomach lol otherwise fine☺
  • Posted

Hi there! I had crippling anxiety that was constant. I could barely get out of bed or off my couch. I have been on 50mg for 8 weeks now. The first few weeks there were alot of side effects, but I can happily say that I almost feel back to my old self! I sleep better than I have in years and feel more confident, energetic and all round happier!
    • Posted

That is fantastic!!!!! Thank you a million for sharing !!!

i am so darn happy for you as I know what kind of beast this!!! 

Thank you for giving me hope!!! And good to hear about the side effects too that they got better!!! Please keep in touch as I'm 10 weeks behind you smile 

• Posted

I waited almost two years before I started taking anything. I didn't drive my car for almost two years also. I'll be honest some of the side effects from The Zoloft were a little rough, and it took me, about seven months before I felt almost normal. But I've been doing great and I'm able to drive. I'm not driving all over but I'm driving and I've been on the Zoloft for almost a year. I had constant 24/7 anxiety now that has subsided I wish you all the best hang in there just take one day at a time as hard as that is, and know that it can't last forever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.