looking for positive insight

Posted , 2 users are following.

so for several years i did so well on 75 effexor & 20 prozac ...... so well that last spring i was on 37.5 effexor and 10 prozac ...................ive had a very stressful 5 months w life changes tried too many changes w meds and now im torn between the 2 options of doing 75 effexor am w a 2nd afternoon dose of 37.5 too see if that helps or go back and try a 3rd time the 75 effexor im on and add back the prozac slowly at 10 mg.....

Either way i need to push through the time duration /side effects to give this a fighting chance as im miserable right now w anxiousness and pray for calm & normal energy daily . thoughts friends?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

easy decision for me, go back to effexor 75mg and 20mg of prozac. worked well until you reduced. combos of anti depressants seem to work better.

• Posted

hello, not myself. ive read and studied lots of peoples experiences, and information on the internet, so have a really good understanding. combos work well, and are becoming more popular. effexor up to 150mg, works differently to effexor above 150mg. up to 150mg, it works mostly as a ssri. above 150mg, it increasingly works as a snri. prozac is a ssri. your previous combo was working mostly as a ssri. with the level of effexor you would need to make up prozac, it would be working less as a ssri and more snri. the previous combo worked so well for you, your own words. no one for sure can say which is going to be the best option. its about making an educated guess. each person will react differently. the fact that its a combo and worked well for you in the past, suggests to me is the likely better option. i take 300mg of ven (generic effexor), as i need the snri effect. quite a few people cannot tollerate the increased snri effect of going above 150mg. what does your dr think? they are likely to orovide the best guess. each person reacts differently, and you are unlikely to find someone on the exact combo and circumstances as yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.