Looking for positives

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm starting HRT this and am quite nervous about it.

I am comfortable with the decision I've made as I can't carry-on the way I've been feeling.

Anyone got success stories please.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi zoe, i was the same as you, i was not able to carry on i had lots of symptoms when i was menopausal which i coped with ugh! But menopausal the hot sweats anxiety loss of confidence joint pains well it was time to do some thing. I started Hrt & felt like a new woman. 

• Posted

Thanks Mars.

Did you feel better straight away. Any worsening of symptoms initially?

I know it trial and error but I'm just apprehensive.

• Posted

Hi Zoe, it took a few weeks but every one is different, it's usual to start feeling better from 4 weeks but full benefits is around 6 weeks. Symptoms in some people mayfeel a little worse @ the begining ive read but it didn't with me. 

• Posted

Can I ask what HRT you are on and how long did it take for you to start feeling better? Also did you gain weight? Thank you 😊

• Posted

Hello Zoe

Advice that I'd give to anyone going on HRT is to ensure that you are monitored for oestrogen levels to check that you are on the correct dosage and not taking a higher dose than is necessary.  I'd also advise annual mammogram with ultrasound.  A scan of the endometrium is also wise.  I've been on HRT for 17 years.  I have twice-yearly checks by a gynaecologist and annual checks with a breast surgeon.  I recently had a hysterectomy because of hyperplasia.  However, no cancer and I I came through the surgery well.  Enjoy life on HRT.  It makes a huge difference.  Best wishes Lyn

• Posted

Hi Lyn have been on Tiberlone Livial for just over 2 years and have found for the most part brilliant. Just recently have had burning between vaginal and anul area. CAn stop it wearing a tampon but need to know if just a side effect or not. How does one go about monitoring oestrogen levels?

Thank you Lyn.

• Posted

Hi Zoe, I've been on estradiol for 22 years and love it. One doctor took me off it 3 years ago (he didn't think at my age I needed it anymore - HA) and I literally thought I was going insane. Getting back on it and getting it regulated took about two years, which I'll never do again. I had a complete hysterectomy at age 47 (I'm now 69), so all I take is estradiol. You won't regret it!

• Posted

I bit the bullet today and started HRT combi 2mg tablets. I tried very hard not to but I have literally fallen apart for the last couple of months and this past week has been horrendous. Took my first pill today and am praying that it will work quickly. Have you started yours Zoe?
    • Posted

Hi How are you getting on? I started my HRT 8 days ago
  • Posted

I went on various hRt and the last one I took was the patches I had a hysterectomy two years ago I found that they put on too much weight so stopped them and now losing weight I wish I could of stayed on it as I still get hot but I'd rather be able to get my trousers on again good luck if it works for you

• Posted

Hi, Zoe.  I was the same, having tried various herbal methods did not fancy HRT. Doctor kept saying only option but never mentioned patches or gel. Very annoyed that I was not made aware of these. Been on Evorel Patches for over a year and feeling great but tbh only had flushes no other problems. Took couple of weeks to work but, of course, we are all different. go for it it's worth a try. Good luck.

• Posted

I love Livial Tiberlone, no hot flushes, night sweats libido great, sadness gone.

a little irritation with discharge will check it out.

best of luck ❤️

• Posted

Is yours any good as I've tried various tablets pat he's and gels but no good as they put too much weight on I'm not on anything now as I've lost a stone and half with slimming world and just got another stone and half to go don't want to take anything to stop me losing the weight

• Posted

Oh really? That's disheartening as I was told that the patches and creams didn't cause weight gain so I was going to change to them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.