Looking for reassurance or similar story

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I've been having some strange symptoms for almost a year now and would like to know if anyone else has similar story or knows what's going on. Here goes-

Last September (coinciding with a stressful time at work and my youngest going to school and leaving me with empty nest syndrome) I started to get cheat pains and acid reflux symptoms. I went to my GP after a month or so and broke down in tears about how down I felt and my symptoms. I have a fecal h pylori test and a bunch of bloods- all clear.

Took omeprazole for a month- no improvement. But just symptoms on and off.

Fast forward a few months and the symptoms are more frequent- left sided breast pain that moves round to my sterum and is relieved by burping or taking Rennies. Went back to another Gp when my stools started going yellowy when I wipe. She gave me a months supply of Lansoprazole. I've nearly finished them now and last week i felt just fine except for a bit of an upset tummy.

This week I have the discomfort again, left sided, under my ribs and central chest discomfort but I also have nausea every morning and soft poop. My stool is now a light to mid brown and this is what is worrying me because I've googled!

I have no weight loss, jaundice, the discomfort is not a pain but I'm starting to get really worried!

I have another appointment next week with my GP.

Thanks for reading, any advice or reassurance?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'll just chime in and say i have the same exact symtomps brother. I've had a few others symtomps that rose to my attention... I've had my symtopms going on about 13 months

• Posted

Thanks for replying. That reassures me! How strange though.

I flit between thinking I am stressed, I have silent reflux to thinking I have a terrible tumour or am going to have a heart attack at any moment.

It's hard to relax with these thoughts but in reality I am healthy, young ish (43) and active. X

• Posted

Hi there

Ha e you considered gastritis? this is a miserable condition but quite common, especially if you have bad reflux. Try to eat a very bland diet, small amounts frequently, avoid coffee, chocolate and alcohol.

I am not a dr but having had pancreatitis after gallbladder removal your symptoms seem more stomach related.

I hope you feel better soon.

best wishes

• Posted

Hi jess85339 Sorry to hear about what your going through. Not too sure it is related to pancreatitis. I think it could be reflux which in itself is very hard to deal with aswell. You sound quite stressed and this plays a major part in digestive problems. Don't give up with your doctors though keep going if your feeling unwell or it's affecting your daily living ,WE ALL KNOW OUR OWN BODIES. Keep notes on what you eat and when this starts. Diet,alcohol and stress can cause problems with your gut also. Hope you find out whats going on ASAP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.