Looking for recommendation for good urologists Chicago or suburbs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looking for names of good urologists in this area.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Frank,

I am sure some here will recommend some top urologists in the Chicago area. You might also consider going to the Cleveland Clinic. They are top 5 in this country for urological problems. Also, you are not far from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Both are within about 300mi of your location.

Tom

• Posted

Frank,

Dr Kevin McVary at Loyola University in Chicago is one of the best for Rezum. He was involved in the original clinical trials of Rezum. He did Rezum for several people on this forum with good results.

Thomas

• Posted

Frank,

I second Thomas' recommendation for Dr

McVary. He did a great job with my 93gram prostate and median lobe. And no side effects!

• Posted

Hi,Lighti--Did Dr McVary do Rezum for you with a93 gram prostate and a median lobe???

frank

• Posted

Hi Did Dr Mc Vary do a turp Bipolar procedure for you??I have a 116 gr size prostate,

i'm going go get a turp bipolar. Did you do CIC before surgery?

frank,

• Posted

Hi Frank,

Yes, he did. And it has been very successful! I'm grateful to him.

• Posted

Frank,

What is your concern - cancer or BPH?

If cancer, your best options are Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Dr. William Catalona) or the University of Chicago (Dr. Arieh Shalhav, Dr. Scott Eggener, Dr. Gregory Zagaja). RUSH University Medical Center is highly rated in Chicago, but from my research (that got the above names), there doesn't seem to be anyone at RUSH as good (for cancer) as the doctors at U of C or Northwestern.

I would imagine these are the four best in the Chicago area but google the top four hospitals in Chicago and look up their urology departments and then look up the U.S. News & World Report rankings.

For BPH, Dr. Kevin McVary at Loyola University Medical Center is good. I think his primary focus is Rezum.

As others have said here, The Cleveland Clinic and Mayo-Rochester are short flights from Chicago and are two of the three best urology centers in the U.S. (the other being Johns Hopkins in Baltimore). Memorial Sloan Kettering in NY and MD Anderson in Houston are also world class cancer centers.

All the best to you,

Michael

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.