Looking for some advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from this problem for just over a year now and nobody can tell me what is wrong except for the usual 'anxiety' diagnosis which i strongly disagree with.

In october 2017 i got really ill out of the blue i had nausea, pains in my stomach (mostly to the right) and stomach issues, its been over a year and ive had all the tests done i can and nobody knows what is wrong? I started to get lower back pains like cramping also and sharp cramping pains in my right side and to the middle down low. I also get shooting pains down my right leg which stops at my knee and can be in the left leg too. I get hot flushes and stomach upsets quite a lot ( constipation ) which my gp put down to Ibs. I know this is not in my head and i know its my reproductive organs, they just cant seem to find anything at all.

The symptoms i have now are what i have mentioned and also cramps after i have sex, needing to go to the loo quite a lot, having mood swings, getting dizzy and also just feeling tired constantly.

I really hope that somebody can tell me its not in my head and help me find out what this is. I am not asking for a diagnosis but only for advice from someone who has had this or something similar.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi it doesn't sound like endo to be honest. your symptoms don't sound right. it could be pcos or pelvic inflammatory desease...or kidney infection. you need to see your doctor again...get some tests done. good luck.

• Posted

Did they do a laparoscopy? Endo symptoms aren't the same in everyone but you don't mention any connection between cycles and your issues. Doctors love to point at both IBS and anxiety when they don't know what's wrong. Both conditions exist so they think it's better to say those names and hope we go away. If you aren't already seeing a gyn, you need to see one. If you've already got one, you need to talk to them some more.

• Posted

no i havent had that done as they dont seem to see this as something serious or to worry about. There is no connection to this from my cycle although i get very bad pms symptoms but normal bleeding. I will ask my doctor to refer me to a gyn.

• Posted

I never had extreme flow but I sure had endo. You might start keeping a diary of symptoms. Someone in a recent post mentioned an online symptom diary. I couldn't find that one & the ones i found really were for little kids, as in, pick the picture for how you feel right now. Not going to help adults w/complex & varying symptoms. Whether online or on paper, start a log. Include all you stomach/bowel symptoms, too. That can be IBS or it can be endo or it can be something else. Take the diary to the doc/consiltant every time you go. Which is one of the reasons i prefer paper: i don't want a doc in my phone. But that's me. Be sure to include if anything helps a given symptom --heating pad, exercise, pain pill, etc. -- because they'll ask that question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.