Looking for some IBS advice!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey!

Im a 29 year old male, just looking to see what other people do really. I have IBS & associated GERD, a few times a week ill get pregnancy-esque bloating with pain. Now from my sherlock holmes skills ive deduced the bloating usually happens when im constipated.

Constipation is the main issue & frustration with my IBS. I can get relief from day to day symptoms easily with Lanzoprazole & Mebeverine, BUT the mebeverine causes badddddd constipation.

Im gonna start taking Senna everynight to see if i get a happy medium. Is anybody else is this position? Any advice or tips?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

How is your diet? Have you looked into that? because maybe rather than adding another medication you could try tweaking your diet for the constipation. a couple of kiwis for breakfast usually does the trick for me and if not, if it's really bad a take a tablespoon of olive oil at night followed by a big glass of lukewarm water, this always works for me, if not the next morning then I do it again that evening and it never takes more than 2 days.

I hope this can be of some use to you.

• Posted

hey! yeah i have a good diet & i dont take the mebeverine im okay 70% of the time. Its just the 30% especially when im at work because its painful, thats why i take the mebeverine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.