Looking for some relief of Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 6 users are following.

I got the Herald Patch about two weeks ago and like most thought it was a burn of some sort. I had started working out again and thought that maybe my sports bra had rubbed too hard as the sore was under my arm.  Then last Friday my whole trunk broke out.  I went to the doctor immediately and he basically told me it would go away on its own.  Three days later and it's just getting worse. I can't image having this for months!!  I'm going to take a vitmin drink and buy the Head and Shoulders.  I'm hoping it will at least provide a little relief.  Mine can get a bit itchy, but aren't always.  I tried to take Benadryl but I get the opposite effect I was awake all night last night with an uncomfortable alertness.  Keeping my fingers crossed that my next steps will help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Bless your heart!  Have faith that it will get better.  Avoid stress -  I know that's sometimes difficult. Tanning helped me.  I took quick warm showers - not hot as that really irritated them. I used topical itch cream but mine didn't itch that badly.  I used head and shoulders as a body wash - it relieved the irritation somewhat.  When they start to dry up they itched worse, but at least I knew that they were going away.   I had to stop working out for awhile because of the heat.  I wore loose clothing - I actually had to stop wearing a bar and got adhesive petals and wore loose clothing because mine were so bad under my arms and on my torso.  I will pray your condition gets better soon.  I actually had times during the 5 months when they would get better and then I would have another spell where they were bad.  Mine didn't itch that much - just very irritating - like I had a sticker in my clothes and it was rubbing.   
    • Posted

Hi Tracy, thanks for responding! I just bought the head and shouldres shampoo to wash with. I used it last night for the first time and was very itchy through the night. But I'm doing much better today. I used a benadryl cream to stop the itch and it works pretty well. I'm also wearing loose clothes.  I find that certain materials also itch more, so I'm careful with the fabrics I wear.  I've also stopped working out and am trying my best to take only luke warm showers.  I'm am traveling in a week, so I'm taking along all the remedies hoping it won't get worse from travel.
  • Posted

GO TANNING! The sooner the better.
    • Posted

I'm not sure about the science, but something in UV rays kills the rash and dries it up. It was really succesful for me, I got rid of my rash completely in under two weeks with about 5 tanning sessions (5-7 mins each, low to medium intensity).
  • Posted

It's horrible I know. Vitamin c. And any cream you can get with panthenol in xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.