Looking for someone with same symptoms as me !? Drunk Feeling with anxiety (Worse when tired)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Guys,

Title says it all really,

I am really really struggling, even with the help and support of members on here I feel like i need to find someone with my exact symptoms as they are with me 24/7 NONE STOP.

*I wake up feeling like i have not slept.

*I feel drugged like i am on very strong medicine the sort where it says "Dont drive or operate machinery"

*Later on in the afternoon/ evening the longer I try to stay awake the worse it gets it is the EXACT same feeling as being drunk, however to other people i seem fine, act fine and can hold a decent conversation.

*Even though my eyes are wide open its like my eyes are shut like my brain is not regestering what it is seeing.

* I feel Stoned/ Not with it/ Day Dreamy/ Nothing looks right

*I Feel like literally half of my brain is asleep and NEVER wakes up.

People say its "Derealization" ive been to the doctors who said he thinks it is this, ive tried CBT, I asked for anxiety medication which he said I do not need !?

It is unbereable, someone must have these exacy symptoms 24/7, worse with tiredness? And i mean 24/7, there is never relief from it no matter what I am doing. This is a big popular forum, and I really am reaching out now for more support so please please somone must have this !?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Oh and ive had it 9+ Months now none stop. 
  • Posted

Sorry to say but I have been dealing with this for 35 years....it started with that detached drunk feeling also felt like something was pushing down on my shoulders....I too appear normal to others but even though I can hear what they are saying I'm not really or can't really focus it feels like I'm in a bubble...I am so off balance it's ridiculous! I don't know how to explain it it's freakin crazy!!! I do not take medication because my greatest fear is a bad reaction that will be the death of me...anyway you should try meds if you can do that ..don't suffer as I do ...I can tell you that after 3 months or so I had lots of good days in a row but then it comes back ..no rhyme or reason..Sorry just letting you know anxiety and panic are very real.. it comes with many physical happenings that can change all the time and there are hundreds of thousands of us who have it! I could go on forever but just giving you a very quick rundown...see your Dr and demand help!!

• Posted

Wow, I hope to god mine goes away, ive had it for 9 months and physically cant cope with it, Its ruining my life! I asked for medication but was told "I dont think you need it you just need to relax", how can you relax when you feel drunk 24/7 yet dont even drink !? Its hideous! But thanks for the reply and I can relate to everything youve said.

• Posted

Hi alex,no just how you feel, at times it, s unbearable.Today I, m having a bad one.when I speak it feels like I can, t pronounce words, my head and shoulders are sooo heavy like weighted down, my balance is zero feel like drunk and can, t focus.Like you I, m told how well I look.are these symtoms familiar with yourself?yes it, s anxiety and perhaps tabs may help you.I, m back to the doctors next week, tried not to visit but feel that bad I, m desperate for help.Will post how I get on.hope you start to feel better soon.
    • Posted

Brenda ! I alsays get the "But you look so well" so no one understands how bad it is. I can put on such an act, hide it so well, yet inside my head my brain feels heavily sedated and like i said the later on in the day it gets and the more tired i become the worse it gets, just to speak to someone who feels the same as me and had been told its anxiety is so good. Honestly i feel exactly how you described, DRUNK/ Not with it/ Spaced out/ bad balance  (Not dizzy though).  also get a soar neck and shoulders, especially if i dont move around e.g driving (Which i hate) , i feel like im drunk driving whenever I drive its horrible, yet when i look in the mirrior i LOOK fine sad

• Posted

Keep your chin up, it does make it a bit easier when someone can relate to ones self.My family look at me like I, m always feeling sorry for myself.I, m not and fed up of having this 24/7.anyway take care and feel better soon
    • Posted

Yes you too brenda, just out of intrest how long have you had this horrible thing? IVe had it 9+ Months now! 
  • Posted

I'm having this too so have no life atm & I have b12 injections too so not feeling great. I've recently been prescribed: Sertraline & Quetiapine, but can't bring myself to take meds as I panic about side effects bcos of how much I'm struggling already with symptoms. I did have an MRI, which appears ok but I have neuro symptoms that are horrendous. I hope you feel better, best wishes all, J.

• Posted

Hi,

I know the feeling how can you enjoy doing anything if you feel like your not even there and just feel drugged/drunk right ? sad If youve been described the meds then maybe you could give them a try? I can relate to how bad and strong the symptoms are, its rediculous how bad "Anxiety" can give you such strong and sivere long lasting symptoms! 

• Posted

I know, such a scary & debilitating time, I do hope you get better as it is life consuming. I'm still yet to take the meds, I'm going to try & brave it tomo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.