Looking for stories of people who have managed to recover from anxiety.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had severe anxiety for the last 5 years. I had to leave school, I lost all my friends and now I'm stuck at home. I'm very low at the moment. Any positive stories about people getting better will help a lot right now.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you doing anything to keep in touch with some of your friends . tell them your situation and ask for help getting through this. Meanwhile can you take one class nearby or online. Perhaps get a job part-time..or an easy job full time and make new friends. You can make a new life just can't be as choosy or snobbish

• Posted

If not already you need to address your Anxiety.

Talk to your GP and explain your worries, He has ways and pathways to help you come to terms with your Complaint.

I still still suffer anxiety when My Disability flares and suffer chronic pain. I was given coping exersises and trained to use Relaxation Techniques, that helped me relax and control my mental health worries.

Mindfulness is one of these techniques and there are books available that can explain the technique. A course of CBT with a CPN may also explain the technique to you

BOB

• Posted

A lot of time professionals like psychologists , nurses etc have success stories they can share. Its what keeps them smiling
  • Posted

I suffer severe anxiety too have done for years it's a nightmare :'( Ive just joined this site and would be interested to read positive stories too smile

• Posted

Hi Aaron,

I'll keep it short. I've had anxiety all my life but elevated dramatically at 21. At first I believed drugs made me out of touch with reality. They didn't help let's put it that way.

Only recently I've changed opinion. Yes I still feel spaced out but I believe the chronic anxiety changed my brain chemistry. I had racing thoughts for many years and been on meds for many many years now I'm taking back control. Dunno if it's cos I've distanced myself from the shameless rabble I used to call my friends. They weren't friends. I was a commodity in their lives. They count on their mobiles how many minutes they are to spend time with me before the , right gotta dash comment.

I know who my real friends are.

I've spent a lot of time on my own but I've kept busy at home turning my thoughts to positive things like this forum, challenging long held beliefs, working out whether the end of my year long relationship was a mistake, and thankfully realising no it wasn't.

I'm alone but I'm ok you know. Yes it gets lonely but I'm building my social life back just not in the way I used to.

I joined a rounders group, I'm on CFT, I quit teaching.

My anxiety is less, I'm no longer afraid of meeting new people, although keeping g conversation going cos of an over riding fear of rejection or not being liked is hard always.

Sorry this was not short at all.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.