Looking for support at 8 weeks :)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! First time posting here. I started on Prozac about 8 weeks ago, this is my 3rd week on 30mg. I'm suffering from anxiety and also PTSD (my family lost their house in a flood about 10 months ago) and sleeping is really difficult for me. I either wake up in the middle of the night or have anxious nightmares that make me feel like I haven't even slept. The nightmares still haven't really subsided, but I am seeing gradual improvements. My obsessive thoughts are lessoning a bit, I'm not nauseous in the morning, and I'm not feeling like I could cry at any second. I notice little things more. I had a moment last week where I just felt peaceful and content in the moment, probably for about 2 hours, but then was met with more anxiety later that evenining.

I feel so up and down and it feels like I'll never get better. This week I feel like I've backslided, waking up anxious, not sleeping even more, obsessive thoughts.

I've read a bunch on this message board that this is normal, that it takes a while, but has anyone had this feeling before? Like it's just taking so long and your mind is exhausted with dealing with this?

Need some support please 😃

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It is a very slow process. I have been on fluox for 6 months (60mg at present) and it's only very recently that I have felt better (touch wood). You may get the odd week when you feel fine but I found it's a case of two steps forward and one step back for a good few months. Hold it out, you will get there eventually I'm sure.

Brad

• Posted

Thanks Brad, that's really encouraging. It's just hard the ups and downs as I'm sure you know 😃

• Posted

Hi Brad

Your posts are so supportive and kind, that what all of us need here.. How is your recovery going on Fluoxetine? I would love to hear update from you, thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.