Looking forward

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all,

been on citalopram 15mg for just over 4 months. i definitely feel a difference from 4 months ago, and anxiety had gone before but I became more sedentary as I didn't want to lose more weight. recently I have been going through a complicated breakup and am graduating soon so there is some stress hitting me. i have been eating 3 meals a day with some snacks in between and doing a bit of excersize. i keep waking up a little groggy and muscles feel tense. my energy is still up and down, but trends up I think. insomnia has been really annoying for me.

based on this, should I continue on 15mg and see how it goes or try to increase? i will consult my psychiatrist in the next couple weeks about this as well.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI

At 4 months the citalopram is really only just starting to settle in your system. If this is helping keep your anxiety at bay i would keep it as it is for now. If you feel that it isnt then you may need to increase but only if you have discussed with your doctor. 15mg is a low dose so if its working for you thats great. it can disrupt your sleep maybe change the time you take it?

• Posted

that makes sense to me. i feel good with an ebergy spike at times and then my mood goes down a bit. anxiety is still here along with fidgeting. but I'm eating normal and trying to excersize. working to regulate my emotions and stay asleep

• Posted

i honestly think that i should try to go to 20 mg i tried that before and it gave me bad mood swings. it's weird cuz the last time I was on celexa about 4 years ago 20 mg was fine

• Posted

part of me wants to increase, but I do not want to go through the side effects again. I'm hopeful with time I will start to see my energy come back as well as my muscle. could be my body is still in a "sad, worn down" state and that takes time to fix

• Posted

William,

I would stay at 15. 4 months is too early. It took me a good 8-9 months to be back to normal. I'm on 10 mg.

Will

• Posted

that's what I'm I'm prob gonna do. i just wish the effects would start sooner. i keep getting surges of energy and then it drops

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.