Looking to start a support group.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. My name is Denise & I live in New Haw (between Addlestone & Woking) Surrey. I am 56yrs young & have several autoimmune diseases, lupus sle being the latest!!

I would like to know if their are any sufferers local to me, that would be interested in forming a support group. A group that will give support and understanding to each other. Somewhere we can talk about our problems that others will be able to identify with. This disease often makes me feel very alone & it would be great to meet others and to for a support group where we could make new friends, maybe arrange some activities, even if it's just having a coffee or walking the dogs.

If there is anyone that's interested, please reply or message me. Wishing you all a good day. Denise x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good luck and a very good idea I wish I lived nearer I would certainly join you but I live in wales :-(

• Posted

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in my area with Lupus Leona! Thank you for your reply x
  • Posted

Hi Denise,

I too have Lupus SLE and would be interested to be in touch with other people.  I live near Wimbledon and do work some odd hours but would be good to stay in touch.

Best wishes,

Caroline.

• Posted

Hi Caroline. Thank you for yr response, that would be great. It would be really gd to link up and hopefully others will follow. I have heard of so many people with lupus but I don't know of anyone locally. Maybe you could email me

look forward to hearing from you

take care

Denise

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Caroline. That would be great. I have just tried to send you a reply, but it has gone to the moderator. I think it's because I added my email address? Are you on fb?

Best wishes

Denise

• Posted

Yes I am on Facebook. I am Caroline Lyndsay. What's your name on their and I will look out for you! 
    • Posted

Hi Caroline. I am Denise Tanner and my profile pic is a sunset with a hand under it...If that makes sense...lol. I will look for you.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.